This scheme offers recognition of a significant depth of knowledge of beer styles and beer and food matching for successful candidates. You will become an ambassador with the knowledge, communication skills and, most importantly, the passion to inspire people to discover, respect and enjoy our national beverage.To view our list of Beer Academy Sommeliers please clickhere
To join this illustrious list please download the requirements pdf found at the bottom of this page.
|Assessments held in 2013|
|Thursday 16th May 2013|
|Thursday 4th July 2013|
|Thursday 14th November 2013|
All assesments are held at The Beer Academy,
33 Clarges Street, Green Park,London, W1J 7EE,England
Please note the above time slots are available on a first come first served basis. To see an example of what a successful Portfolio of Evidence looks like please visit the bottom of this page.
The Beer Academy Accredited Sommelier Scheme Requirements Qualification Scheme:
- Prospective candidates that wish to become Beer Academy Registered & Accredited Sommeliers must;
Complete an application form and confirm that:
1. They have attended and passed the Beer Academy Advanced Course
2. They have attended the Beer Academy 'How to Judge Beer' Course
3. Have completed ABCQ (if working in the On Trade)
- With the application form the applicant must provide a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) of their practical competence.
- Use of beer menus or other similar schemes at retail level.
- Use of beer and food pairings.
- The use of beer range in retailing.
- Evidence of high beer retailing and image standards through POS, branded glassware, cellar hygiene standards and other relevant evidence.
If you would like to register your interest, then please complete the application form found at the bottom of this page.