We currently have a number of vacancies listed below.
If you are looking to advertise a vacancy on our website please contact Wiley by email firstname.lastname@example.org
We seek applications for an Assistant Professor, Brewing Microbiologist which will be a full-time (1.0 FTE), 9-month tenure-track appointment: 60% Research, 30% Teaching and 10% Service. Oregon is viewed as one of the centers and frontrunners of the craft brewing industry and likewise Oregon State University is viewed as a leader in brewing science research and education. Oregon State University, in the city of Corvallis, is Oregon's flagship institution for teaching, research and Extension in the areas of basic science, agricultural sciences and engineering, and houses a world-renown Fermentation Sciences program within the Department of Food Science and Technology. The Brewing Microbiologist Assistant Professor will substantially strengthen the Fermentation Science program within the Department of Food Science & Technology by the addition of a microbiological skill set to complement the existing brewing science research and teaching programs. Teaching activities will be centered on providing undergraduates and graduates training on how a fundamental microbiological approach can be leveraged in the brewing process to improve fermentation performance.
The incumbent is expected to develop an industrially-relevant research program supported by extramural funding and leading to graduate theses, dissertations, and peer-reviewed publications in respected scientific journals in the area of brewing-related microbiological research, such as brewing fermentation performance, brewing microbiology, genetics and/or biochemistry of alcoholic fermentation, biotransformations of flavor components, alternative/mixed fermentations, fermentation byproduct utilization, microbial aspects of sustainable food manufacturing, downstream operations which enhance or control microbial processes to improve beer quality and manufacturing performance. The incumbent will also be expected to participate in a collaborative manner with other faculty to deliver an instructional program in brewing science and assume responsibility for teaching two undergraduate and one graduate courses in brewing fermentations and microbiology, downstream processing and/or sustainable manufacturing and assist as required in the instruction of brewing-related courses in the Fermentation Science option. Advising responsibilities will focus largely on the needs of a diverse category of students with an interest in brewing within the Fermentation Science option. Outreach activities will involve engaging and supporting a diverse and growing brewing industry in the state of Oregon and elsewhere. A successful candidate will work strategically with diverse colleagues, students and industry professionals to advance the brewing industry in Oregon and to establish Oregon State University as a leader in this field. The incumbent will work with other FST faculty on campus and at the Food Innovation Center. This position reports to the Head of the Department of Food Science & Technology.
Oregon State University's commitment to student success includes hiring, retaining, and developing diverse faculty to mentor and educate our undergraduate and graduate students from entry through graduation. The incumbent must be aware of, sensitive to, and demonstrate the ability to work well with diverse students and with a diverse workforce. Our Strategic Plan (http://oregonstate.edu/leadership/strategicplan/phase3) articulates the strategies we believe critical to advancing and equalizing learner success. College of Agricultural Sciences faculty are committed to enhancing student success by engaging students in quality academic, research, internships, global studies, and other experiential learning opportunities. Positions with primary responsibility for extension and outreach are likewise committed to learner success through programming appropriate for diverse audience.
PhD degree in Food Science, Food Microbiology or Microbiology, Microbial Genetics, Microbial Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, or related field by start date of employment.
Demonstrated capability to develop a pertinent research program which emphasizes the relationship of microbiological principles to beer processing, finishing, and packaging.
Teaching experience and demonstration of teaching effectiveness in food microbiology.
Ability to communicate with and relate well to a diverse body of students and to communicate complex regulations while maintaining discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Ability to assess situations independently and determine what steps are required.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity and inclusiveness, including the ability to work with diverse faculty, students, industry clientele, and stakeholders.
Related experience in brewing microbiology and food microbiology.
Teaching experience in laboratory or classroom environments in brewing microbiology.
Advising experience at the college or university level.
Record of/commitment to work with underrepresented/underserved students or other audiences.
To create a user profile and apply, go to website: http://oregonstate.edu/jobs - search OSU jobs/upper left/search postings, enter posting #0016968. This posting opens on January 8, 2016. For full consideration, apply by February 29, 2016. The recruitment closes on March 7, 2016. Include 1) curriculum vitae; 2) a cover letter explaining your interest in this position. Letters of application must speak to each required qualification; 3) a statement of teaching, outreach, and research interests (attach as Other Document 1); and 4) full contact information for 3 professional references.
(If your references are not included in your curriculum vitae, attach them as Other Document 2). Applications will only be accepted through the online site. For more information about the position, contact Tom Shellhammer, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.comOSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Instructor, Brewing, Distillation and Fermentation
Full Time Regular
9-month Instructor (mid-August to mid-May)
Expected Work Schedule
Anticipated Hours per Week
Job Description Summary
An instructor in this position will demonstrate mastery of subject matter sufficient to conduct college courses in Brewing, Distillation and Fermentation (BDF) curriculum and related workforce development/continuing education classes; develop teaching materials, activities, projects, assignments and assessments for each course taught; prepare lesson plans, deliver instruction and supervise students; abide by policies, standards, goals and objectives of the College, the Division, and the Department.
Monitor brewing facilities and equipment, assist with planning, budgeting and purchasing for both BDF curriculum/WFD-CE courses.
Faculty members will participate in assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation activities for continuous improvement of instructional quality; serve on department, division and college level committees; seek opportunities for ongoing professional development, and will devote appropriate time to maintaining proficiency in the various sub-fields of the discipline.
1. Graduate of Institute of Brewing and Distillation (IBD) recognized education program.
2. Associate degree in Brewing, Distillation and Fermentation or related field.
3. IBD Diploma in Brewing/Distillation or able/willing to sit for exam.
4. Three to Five years documented experience as Brewmaster, Head Brewer/Distiller, Brewing/Distillation Department Supervisor or Operations Manager of a minimum 7-bbl brewhouse and/or 50 gallon distillery.
1. Bachelor's degree or higher in Microbiology, Fermentation Science or related field plus three years documented work experience in notable brewing facilities.
2. IBD Diploma Brewer Qualification or able/willing to sit for exam.
Special Instructions to Applicants
1. Selected candidates will be required to conduct a ten minute teaching component; guidelines will be forthcoming upon selection for interview.
2. Official transcript(s) are required to be received a minimum of two business weeks before the first day of work. Failure to comply may result in revocation of the job offer.
Applicant Review 02/15/2016
Salary Range AAS degree: $38,232 to $39,078; BS degree: $39,690 to $40,572
Note: Above salary is based on 9-months.
To Apply https://abtcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/3469 or www.abtech.edu/jobs
At Red Squirrel Brewery we are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Brewer to lead our production team and join our Management Board. We are going through an exciting phase of development and are both expanding the brewery as well as growing our chain of craft beer retail outlets.
Conveniently located in the beautiful Hertfordshire countryside, with easy access to London we have a state of the art brewery that is due to go through a major expansion in 2016.
We hope to find someone who shares our vision and passion, wants to develop their career within our business and believes in what we are doing.
As our Head Brewer, your role will be to:
The candidate we are looking for will need the following attributes and skills:
Package. We will offer a competitive salary and benefits. There is potential for equity participation for the right candidate.
Frogpubs is looking for a passionate brewer to manage our in-pub brewing operations.
You will be responsible for:
- constant improvement in Frog beer quality
- beer dispense in all the Frog outlets (currently 11 accounts)
- training a team of up to thirty brewers, including coaching their training skills, and
growing the team
- training pub and shift managers in brewery duties
- leading the brewing culture in a rapidly expanding restaurant group
- planning brewing production and training in 6 brewpubs
- ordering brewing stock to your PSLs
- maintenance of brewing equipment in 6 brewpubs
- assisting in recipe development and improvement.
The successful applicant will:
- hold a masters or bachelors degree in brewing plus minimum four years' brewing
experience. Other scientific qualifications may be considered along with relevant
- have superb people & communication skills, making you an excellent trainer and
able to introduce & manage change simultaneously across different sites
- be able to work with autonomy, confident in setting, planning and achieving your
- have experience of plant maintenance
- be able to work in both French and English.
Apply with CV and cover letter to Charles Board: firstname.lastname@example.org
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to gain experience in Supply Chain management for a qualified Brewer at the core of our brewing operations. This role will report to the Head Brewer, Wolverhampton.
The role of the Brewery Manager is to ensure that brewing operations, from malt intake through to cask beer packaging, are completed to meet brewing, quality and timescale requirements. This includes monitoring and controlling of a number of brewing processes, brewing in excess of 340,000 UK barrels per annum. The role incorporates managing a team of in excess of 30 staff members of Shift Brewers, Brewing and Cask Racking Operatives.
Certain specifics of the role include:
- Ensuring beer is brewed consistently to the highest quality and to manage the efficient running of brewery operations on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensuring standards within the brewery meet BRC criteria
- Report to and advise the Senior Management Team (of which you'll be a key member) on all aspects of the brewery's operations.
- Using technical expertise to drive continuous improvement of product and process in the brewery and troubleshooting where necessary.
- Ensuring financial budgets and key ratios are achieved working closely with senior management team to provide accurate forecasting of all brewery costs.
- Project management of a loss reduction programme
- Leading, coaching and developing the production management team, enabling them to lead their respective teams effectively.
- Identifying capital improvement projects and following them through to completion
- Full compliance for all legislative and company Health and Safety policies and procedures and a safety culture is reinforced
The role involves working a standard day, including bank holidays and at times weekends. Candidates must be aware that flexibility is essential in this role
The ideal candidate:
- will be experienced in brewing a wide range of beers and the relevant raw materials
- will have strong leadership and man-management skills
- will have a proven track record in driving cultural change and continuous improvement
- will have the ability to influence and to establish a good network of people
- will be flexible, reliable and confident in making their own decisions
- will be confident in communicating with other departments
- minimum requirement of a Diploma in Brewing with a Degree
- management qualification desirable
For any enquiries/ applications please conact Resourcing Advisor, Clare Everett.
Tel: 01902 329724
Route to market already established for this product
Initial recipe already created
140l American copper still.
The company - The Independent Gin Company - which is run by 3 passionate Gin Lovers all of which are linked with Redwell Brewery, 1 of these being the owner.
This is a hands on role. Initial success of the product is expected as contract / orders are pre-agreed with a large chain of London bars.
Looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual with the creativity and enthusiasm to continually develop our range of products, with the still capable of producing rum and vodka. We are keen, once the initial success of the gin behind us, to develop a range of products.
This is a brand new still, and a brand new company, that has a lot of driven people working for it, so if you are looking to put your stamp on a product and in the craft distilling market place, then you will certainly be working with the right people.
Experience and qualifications preferred.
Interviews to be held immediately, as immediate start required
Starting Salary - £22,000
Please submit your CV to: email@example.com
Applications only please from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK