We currently have a number of vacancies listed below.
If you are looking to advertise a vacancy on our website please contact Wiley by email email@example.com
Holding a brewing related degree, HNC, HND or professional brewing qualification, with some practical experience of a commercial brewery you will work closely with internal technical, sales and production teams, customers and external bodies alike to develop new products and investigate new ways of using existing Muntons ingredients in a variety of applications for the brewing industry worldwide.
Principle Responsibilities: You will:
- Oversee the running and upkeep of the Centre for Excellence Brewery
- Undertake Centre for Excellence Brewery customer visits and trials
- Develop training days and literature for customers and trainee brewers
- Develop brews to demonstrate the benefits of Muntons ingredients
- Arrange and run taste panels (informal and formal)
- Oversee factory trials, communicating requirements and results to relevant personnel
- Provide technical support to the Muntons sales team
The Candidate: With ambition and a can-do approach you will:
- Hold a brewing related degree, HNC, HND or professional brewing qualification
- Have some practical experience of a commercial brewery
- Have a sound technical knowledge of brewing
- Be able to communicate effectively, written and verbally, with management, employees and external bodies
- Be creative and able to "think outside the box"
- Have a keen interest in food and brewing, keeping abreast of industry issues and trends.
- Be IT literate with the ability to accurately compile professional technical reports, data sheets and presentations.
Closing Date: Friday 25 July 2014
To apply for this vacancy: Visit our website www.muntons.com/careers
Marston's currently has an excellent opportunity for a highly organised and motivated individual to join our Bottling team in Burton Upon Trent with responsibility for the day to day running of one of our lines. This role will suit an individual with proven people management and leadership skills and continuous improvement experience. This is a challenging and demanding role involving responsibility for managing multiple teams on a rotating shift pattern.
The role is responsible for the delivery of line performance to agreed standards and includes quality, line efficiency, losses, continuous improvement and adherence to budget, as well as responsibility for Health & Safety compliance on the line and the management and development of the line Shift Managers and their respective teams.
The ideal candidate will be of graduate calibre and have a minimum of 5 years' experience in FMCG, with experience of high speed bottling or packaging lines. Ideally they will also have a diploma in brewing and experience of continuous improvement activity/lean manufacturing.
If you have a hands on approach, with a can do attitude, then please apply via our careers website: www.marstons.co.uk/careers
Job reference MARQO27002.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5.00pm on 18 July 2014
These are exciting times for Sipsmith. Our production method mantra is uncompromising quality, founded on a principle of hand crafted small batches. As we have grown, we have added more batches and therefore more hands. Now we are upping the ante again, moving into a new distillery with a beautiful third still. And so we need another pair of hands - connected to a fun, confident, bright, organised leader.
So if you think you've got what it takes to manage a passionate and energetic operations team, if you are never prepared to settle for it's ok, but always strive for the exceptional, if you're organised and calm enough to cope when things don't go as expected, if you can effectively plan the production of multiple core line products all the while fitting in with the new product development requests of our eccentric genius master distiller; then you might just be the person to head up our distillery ops.
Title: Head of Distillery Operations
Reporting to: Founder
Based at: Sipsmith Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London W4
Overview: Sipsmith is looking for a Head of Distillery Operations to lead production, demand planning and supply chain strategy across the business. This role will lead the Distillery team who are the operational lynch pin ensuring our world class spirits are crafted, packaged and delivered impeccably, in keeping with Sipsmith's reputation for uncompromising quality.
This role will provide leadership and insight to the supply and order process, always seeking to find ways for process improvement, as well as bringing experience of forecast management on a weekly, periodic and annual basis. The Head of Distillery Operations will champion identification and implementation of supply chain productivity opportunities to drive savings and off-set cost inflation. The Sipsmith family is currently made up of 6 products which are delivered to both On and Off trade markets nationally and internationally. This will continue to grow and it is key that the Head of Distillery Operations has processes in place to deal with this inevitably complex piece of logistical organisation. A key element of this will be liaising with the Sales and Finance team to understand and forecast volume of product required seasonally and ultimately have full responsibility of ensuring the required amount of stock is on hand at any given time.
Distillery Operation Management
As well as managing the Distillery team, the Head of Distillery Operations will ensure the impeccable running of the Distillery. This role will have responsibility for communications with HMRC in relation to duty on Spirit and similarly all aspects relating to the Production Operations or the site such as licensing, insurance etc. As the overall site manager the role will encompass the management of the entire site and include responsibilities of Health and Safety. We proudly own 3 pot stills; Prudence, Patience and Constance and the role will ensure they are well looked after, serviced and cleaned as required.
This will involve ensuring all Dry and Wet Stock is procured and produced in a timely and efficient manner. This will include but is not limited to sourcing botanicals, glassware, packaging, labels, bottles for Dry Stock and raw materials for distillation process for Wet Stock. You will be a custodian of the recipe and ensure quality whilst negotiating costs as volumes grow.
An essential part of the role will be liaising with the Sales team to ensure that orders are received, acknowledged, processed and delivered in a timely and Sipsmithian fashion.
New Product Development (NPD) and e-commerce
The Head of Distillery Operations role will oversee the responsibility from conception to completion of the NPD program. There will also be responsibility for overseeing the supply aspects of any in-house e-commerce businesses.
Our ideal candidate:
To report to the head brewer and share week-end and evening rotas,together with Bank Holidays and peak brewing periods.
Must be capable of supervising the efficient running of the brewery on a daily basis including brewing,racking, hygiene, maintenance and raw material ordering as well as having technical Quality Control abilities.
The candidate will have a commercial brewing background,formal brewing qualifications and ideally management experience.We will consider both graduates who have had industry placements and/or candidates with a minimum 2 years practical brewing experience.
You will need a hands on approach as you will be covering the holiday entitlement of all existing brewery staff.
You must be physically fit,capable of heavy lifting,hold a valid driving license preferably to C3 (7.5 ton) and be able to troubleshoot any arising problems.
A house adjacent to the brewery is available if required.
Salary by negotiation depending on the above.
If you wish to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Become the latest member of a small team of forward thinking traditionalists committed to crafting a range of high quality products from the finest, local ingredients. Arbikie Distilling is a new, family owned venture based in the heart of Angus where some of Scotland's best arable farmland can be found nurturing the cereals and potatoes that form the base of our range of nurtured spirits.
This role is responsible for supporting all aspects of the production of premium vodka, gin and whisky from "grain to glass". Specific responsibilities include:-
- Wash preparation - milling, mashing, fermentation and yeast management.
- Distilling - both pot and column distillations - must have understanding of equipment.
- Stabilization of new make spirits and preparation for aging/bottling.
- Cask management - preparing, racking, labelling and warehousing.
- Packaging - bottling and labelling line set up and supervision.
- Record keeping - daily, weekly and monthly to manage production, inventory and HMRC reporting.
- Liaise with managerial positions and shareholders on every aspect of the production.
- Quality control - at all stages.
- Cleaning - all equipment throughout the distillery.
- Preventative maintenance.
- Health and hazard oriented
Required Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Degree in Brewing & Distilling.
- 2-5 years experience in a production role in the alcohol beverage production.
- Must have experience in training and guiding staff through standard operating procedures in sanitizing equipment and production scheme.
- Must have a good sense of smell and palate to assess the quality of spirits. Preferably the candidate must understand aging of spirits or be wine oriented.
- Good understanding of quality assurance and ability to understand analytical results.
- Experience in driving a forklift.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office.
- Enjoy working with the public in the form of tours, tastings, festivals & events
- Detail orientated.
- Able to multitask; working independently as well as part of team.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Experience in a new start up distillery.
- Experience in distillery record keeping.
- A working knowledge of ageing, cask management and basic coopering skills.
- A working knowledge of packaging operations.
- Experience with organoleptic flavour assessment and a good understanding of flavours and their production. For example, wine making experience and the associated sensory skills considered a strong benefit.
- Experience in partnering with educational institutions on distillation research and techniques.
- Additional languages - e.g. Spanish / French to support the sourcing of quality sherry and wine barrels for whisky maturation.
Salary c. £18,000 per annum.
To apply for this vacancy please send your CV and cover letter to Kirsty.email@example.com.
Apply your combination of technical excellence, leadership skills and appetite for continuous improvement to some of the great Global Drinks Brands.
Established in 1887, family-owned William Grant & Sons is a growing premium spirits company with a high-profile portfolio enjoyed worldwide. We distil some of the world's leading brands of Scotch whisky, including Glenfiddich®, the world's favourite single malt, The Balvenie® and Grant's®, one of the world's most loved blended Scotches, in addition to one of Ireland's finest whiskeys, Tullamore Dew®. We also lead the way in spirits innovation, with a range of other award-winning drinks, including gin, rum, tequila and vodka.
Reporting to our Process Area Leader, as Process Team Leader you'll be responsible for leading, controlling and developing all aspects of production and manpower for two of our major distilleries. Ensuring all operations adhere to both our production strategy and legislative requirements, you'll play a central role in the development and execution of site plans in addition to ad hoc improvement projects. So maximising cost-efficiencies whist liaising closely with a wide range of stakeholders will be a key element, together with accountability for Health & Safety. The role will also involve:
- aligning business objectives to help drive behavioural and process change
- overseeing operational maintenance
- acting as on-call Team Leader when appropriate.
Educated to degree level in either Chemistry, Brewing, Chemical Engineering or another Science discipline, you have a significant technical leadership track record in the drinks, pharmaceutical or petrochemical sector. A proven, resilient leader, able to set objectives and both develop and performance-manage your team and get to grips with differing cultures, you're strong on planning and implementation, with a real eye for detail. In addition to robust self-reliance, you'll also bring:
- excellent all-round communication and interpersonal skills enabling you to operate at all levels within the organisation
- great problem-solving skills, with the ability to deliver under conflicting restraints
- a clear drive for continuous improvement and personal excellence.
Job Reference: OM7665
If you enjoy working in a forward-thinking and pioneering culture which recognises the value of innovation, and we've just described you and your aspirations, then to develop a career with a global leader, please click on the APPLY button below.
Welcome to a brighter future
At Novozymes, we are creating a better world every day for the world around us, for each other and for the next generations. By joining us, you'll be working with our customers to make the world a better place too.
Account Manager Brewing and Grain Processing
To support continuous development in our Brewing and Grain Processing business, we wish to recruit an experienced Account Manager for the MENA (Middle East and Africa) region. The position will ideally be located in our Istanbul office, other options might be possible.
We're looking for a motivated individual fulfilling to following qualification criteria:
- University degree or equivalent qualification in food & beverage technology (brewing, malting, grain processing)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant job experience, preferably from producers (breweries, distilleries, starch processors) or suppliers into the industries (brewing, baking, starch/distilling, food industry)
- Solid technical understanding of food & beverage industry processes
- Strong fundament of sales and industry experience (>3 years) coming from B2B environment, preferred industries: food & beverage, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, chemicals or job relevant experience with international suppliers to the industries
- Possess strong business acumen - in particular understanding of the negotiation principles, account planning, solution selling, value pricing, production and supply chain, basic financial and legal principles and terms
- Ability to execute market prospecting, scout for new opportunities, discover and follow-through on leads
- Identify customer needs and translate them into mutually beneficial solutions
- Personality: responsible, goal-oriented, well organized and self-motivated, being able to develop geographically assigned area independently
- Strong communication and presentation skills and demonstrated solid computer proficiency (MS Office standard software, CRM, basic SAP, URL based applications)
- Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time in assigned region is a prerequisite (Turkey, Middle East, North and West Africa). An extension or substitution of territory is possible
- Fluency in English (written/spoken) plus either French or Arabic, Farsi (Persian), Turkish are of advanced benefit
In this interesting position, you will be part of the Sales team and the primary interface between Novozymes and the current/prospective customer base and distributors. You will work closely with your colleagues in the Novozymes offices in the region.
The primary responsibilities for the position include:
- You will develop the business in the Brewing and Grain processing industry; prospect, acquire new customers and develop existing ones according to plan across Middle East and Africa
- You will provide regional customer support to ensure a high quality standard in technical, supply chain and commercial interactions between customers and Novozymes is secured
- You relish a technically oriented sales process and have a natural interest for understanding both customer needs and the technical aspects of the Brewing and Grain industries
- You will carry out commercialization of existing and new Novozymes products and lead negotiations with B2B customers in accordance with defined and agreed marketing strategies
- You are culturally open and embrace diversity for the environment you will be working in
We offer an exciting position in a lively and professional international environment. You will report to the Industry Sales Manager Brewing and be part of an international network of highly skilled colleagues to support our growth and innovation-oriented strategy for Brewing and Grain processing industries. If you appreciate a large degree of freedom in planning and mode of action in your work, this position will be ideal for you.
Novozymes is the world leader in bio-innovation. We create tomorrow's solutions by applying technology to nature, to the benefit of both our customers' bottom line and the planet. Novozymes serves a broad array of industries using enzymes, micro-organisms, biopolymers, and biopharmaceutical ingredients. With over 700 products in 130 countries, Novozymes bio-innovations improve industrial performance and safeguard the world's resources because they represent superior and sustainable solutions for tomorrow's ever-changing marketplace.