We currently have a number of vacancies listed below.
If you are looking to advertise a vacancy on our website please contact Wiley by email firstname.lastname@example.org
An incredible opportunity has arisen to take on the vital role of Brewing Shift Manager within our brewery. Greene King is the leading pub and brewing company in the UK and has been brewing award-winning ales for more than 200 years.
About the role:
To provide shift management of up to 28 shift operators, to produce beer available to package from raw material intake, all to agreed quality, cost, time and volume constraints.
To apply or for any enquiries please contact Greene King Recruitment, Elly Bennett.
Phone: 07812 257 283
A unique opportunity for a talented brewer to take on a pivotal role in one of the leading craft breweries in the British Isles. Okell's is a multi-award winning brewery located in the beautiful Isle of Man. For over 150 years we have been guided, in all that we brew, by the Island's unique brewing purity laws. This established a standard and an inspiration for innovation which our former Head Brewer, now consultant, Dr Cowbourne has made famous today. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape the future of our Brewery: responsible for product development; and advising on capital expenditure, brand development and sales strategies.
About the role/benefits:
You will be responsible for new product development, working with key customers and devising new recipes to meet changing market demands. You will also be the international 'face' of Okell's brewery. You will manage all brewing operations and be responsible for: overall production process; purchasing/sourcing of raw materials; managing the brewing team; quality control/lab analysis; financial planning/control.
As part of our competitive remuneration package we offer private healthcare, a contributory pension plan and an employee privilege scheme.
It goes without saying that we want passion, creativity and commitment to brewing excellence. You will also need to be attracted by our Island lifestyle. We would be looking for the following attributes from the successful candidate:
- A holder of a science degree and a brewing qualification (desirable but not essential)
- Experience working at a high level of responsibility within the brewing industry
- Has up-to-date knowledge of hygiene and beverage manufacturing compliance standards
- Has the ability to ensure new innovative ideas and processes are implemented
- Is a good communicator and a keen motivator
- Has sound financial planning & control and people management skills.
About the Isle of Man
The Isle of Man is a crown dependency, with its own legislative system, situated in the Irish Sea just a short distance from Liverpool. Residents of the Island enjoy a high standard of living; low income taxes and a strong community spirit.
Please send your CV and current salary details to:
Rachel Hall, Human Resources Officer, Heron & Brearley Ltd, Distribution Centre, Kewaigue, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM2 1QG
or by email: email@example.com.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to gain experience in Supply Chain management for a qualified Brewer at the core of our brewing operations. This role will report to the Head Brewer, Wolverhampton.
The role of the Brewery Manager is to ensure that brewing operations, from malt intake through to cask beer packaging, are completed to meet brewing, quality and timescale requirements. This includes monitoring and controlling of a number of brewing processes, brewing in excess of 340,000 UK barrels per annum. The role incorporates managing a team of in excess of 30 staff members of Shift Brewers, Brewing and Cask Racking Operatives.
Certain specifics of the role include:
- Ensuring beer is brewed consistently to the highest quality and to manage the efficient running of brewery operations on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensuring standards within the brewery meet BRC criteria
- Report to and advise the Senior Management Team (of which you'll be a key member) on all aspects of the brewery's operations.
- Using technical expertise to drive continuous improvement of product and process in the brewery and troubleshooting where necessary.
- Ensuring financial budgets and key ratios are achieved working closely with senior management team to provide accurate forecasting of all brewery costs.
- Project management of a loss reduction programme
- Leading, coaching and developing the production management team, enabling them to lead their respective teams effectively.
- Identifying capital improvement projects and following them through to completion
- Full compliance for all legislative and company Health and Safety policies and procedures and a safety culture is reinforced
The role involves working a standard day, including bank holidays and at times weekends. Candidates must be aware that flexibility is essential in this role
The ideal candidate:
- will be experienced in brewing a wide range of beers and the relevant raw materials
- will have strong leadership and man-management skills
- will have a proven track record in driving cultural change and continuous improvement
- will have the ability to influence and to establish a good network of people
- will be flexible, reliable and confident in making their own decisions
- will be confident in communicating with other departments
- minimum requirement of a Diploma in Brewing with a Degree
- management qualification desirable
For any enquiries/ applications please conact Resourcing Advisor, Clare Everett.
Tel: 01902 329724
Route to market already established for this product
Initial recipe already created
140l American copper still.
The company - The Independent Gin Company - which is run by 3 passionate Gin Lovers all of which are linked with Redwell Brewery, 1 of these being the owner.
This is a hands on role. Initial success of the product is expected as contract / orders are pre-agreed with a large chain of London bars.
Looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual with the creativity and enthusiasm to continually develop our range of products, with the still capable of producing rum and vodka. We are keen, once the initial success of the gin behind us, to develop a range of products.
This is a brand new still, and a brand new company, that has a lot of driven people working for it, so if you are looking to put your stamp on a product and in the craft distilling market place, then you will certainly be working with the right people.
Experience and qualifications preferred.
Interviews to be held immediately, as immediate start required
Starting Salary - £22,000
Please submit your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications only please from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK
Edrington is Scotland's leading international premium spirits company, producing premium iconic brands such as the Macallan, The Famous Grouse, Highland Park, Cutty Sark, Brugal and Snow Leopard.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Laboratory Assistant to join our team at the Macallan Distillery in Speyside for a period of 12 months. The main purpose of the role is to provide technical support to primary production through routine laboratory analysis as required by laboratory schedules.
The successful candidate will be required to provide technical support to primary production as required, including surveys, support for problem solving, reviewing technical work instructions and ensuring laboratory instrumental checks are carried out, as well as developing and maintaining analytical methods with a view to continuous improvement of technical capability of the lab. There will also be opportunities to carry out small scale research and/or analytical development projects.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree in chemistry or a related discipline and/or have at least 3 years' experience in the alcoholic drinks industry, preferably in an accredited laboratory. Experience of conducting routine and daily HPLC and GC instruments to deliver accurate analyses to meet ISO 9000 quality standards would also be advantageous, as would instrumental troubleshooting and method development skills. Previous experience of using MS Office is essential.
If you have the relevant skills and experience to be considered for this role, please submit a covering letter and CV to email@example.com or to 2500 Great Western Road, Glasgow, G15 6RW