We currently have a number of vacancies listed below.
If you are looking to advertise a vacancy on our website please contact Wiley by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cumberland Breweries Limited is a rapidly expanding micro brewery that commenced production in 2008.
An opportunity has arisen for a General Manager, this role is based in Newry, Northern Ireland. The successful candidate must have a proven track record in the brewing industry. Candidates should have at least ten years management experience in manufacture and general management.
This is a unique opportunity for a person who believes he/she has the ability to manage and grow the business.
There is an excellent remuneration package commensurate with experience and demonstrable achievements.
If you feel you match our requirements please email your CV to: email@example.com
The closing date for this position is Friday 31st May 2013.
International success for William Grant & Sons, which includes the world leading single malt whisky, stems from the ability to combine scale with a clear and unique identity. This is as evident at the production sites in the Highlands of Scotland, where an ambitious program of investment is underway, as in other parts of the business.
The role of Engineering Area Leader is a key member of the site leadership team in Dufftown. This role will lead project engineering and maintenance teams to ensure delivery of all capital and special revenue projects for the site to agreed project scope, budget and time parameters, and the maintenance function to ensure delivery of key results in line with overall site strategy.
Key responsibilities of this role:
- Assist Site Leader with the development of the rolling three year plan, leading the analysis and evaluation of site performance and integrity as well as the contribution of initiatives for process improvement
- Lead the preparation of the annual capital & special revenue budget, and develop and manage the overhead budget for the projects and maintenance teams
- Lead, motivate and develop the project engineering and maintenance teams, in line with the company values to ensure delivery of the site strategy. Maximise employee performance by supporting the team's learning and development
- Ensure all engineering functions are compliant with Health & Safety, Environmental Legislation in order to maintain compliance with all regulatory bodies
- Ensure successful implementation of best practice principles in maintenance management through the annual strategy and objective development. In particular lead the delivery of a whole life cycle approach to asset ownership
- Ensure the WGS Engineering Process is utilised and complied with through all engineering work
- Keep abreast of developments in the market place, in processes, technologies and performance, lead the site's continual improvement initiative
- Plan and manage resources required, negotiating with external contractors where required, to ensure that project targets are achieved, in accordance with agreed scope, cost and time
- Establish and implement effective channels of communication between the projects team and the site Operations team to ensure consistency of knowledge and understanding of project status on an on-going basis
To be successful in this role you need to have a certain level of qualification and experience which include:
- Relevant Engineering qualification
- Demonstrable ability to develop holistic business solutions through analysis/understanding of the relationship between process improvements and financial benefits
- Significant experience in delivering multi-disciplined chemical/electrical/mechanical engineering projects
- High level of knowledge in Grain/Malt Distilling Process
- Evidence of negotiating capital expenditure and of purchasing knowledge within an engineering environment
- Knowledge of current and applicable Safety, Health and Environmental Legislation
- Ability to deliver improvement projects utilising Process improvement techniques within a Quality Management Environment
- Proven team leader who can set objectives, performance manage team and develop individuals to achieve their potential
- Significant engineering experience in a relevant operational environment
So if you think you're the type of rare character that could be part of our client's family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please send your CV to David Bond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are invited for The Barry Axcell Fellowship in Brewing Science, which will identify and develop exceptional researchers in brewing science, with a view to the individuals progressing to an independent academic career, or joining the brewing industry. The Fellowships are funded jointly by SABMiller and The University of Nottingham's Research Board and will commence in October 2013.
The Fellowship offers:
- Three years independent funding, starting October 2013, to conduct research while based at the University of Nottingham
- Additional research costs of £7,500 per annum
- Mentoring provided by Professor Barry Axcell (Former Chief Brewer, SABMiller Group) and Professor Katherine Smart (Chief Brewer, SABMiller Group)
Length of Tenure: Three years guaranteed. Academic years 2013/14; 2014/15 and 2015/16
Subjects covered: The broad area of Flavour Chemistry, as relevant to Brewing Science
Students must hold a PhD from an institution recognised by the University of Nottingham, and have graduated after 7 November 2007.
For further general information about the scheme and the application process, please contact Rebecca Stokes by email email@example.com or on +441158467408. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
Prospective candidates are strongly recommended to speak to Dr David Cook (David.Cook@nottingham.ac.uk) in the School of Biosciences at the University of Nottingham prior to submitting their application.
For further information and details of how to apply, please see:
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/research/fellowships/the-barry-axcell-fellowship.aspx Please quote ref. SABM12.
Job Description Summary:
Contribute to the Hospitality Education Division by successfully demonstrating knowledge and skills required to instruct and supervise curriculum and non-curriculum students in the field of Brewing, Distillation and Fermentation. Support the college by providing leadership to the production activities of the Craft Beverage Institute of the South East. Monitor brewing facilities and equipment, assist with planning, budget and purchasing for both curriculum and non-curriculum activities. Design, facilitate and implement brewing, distillation and fermentation related curriculum and continuing education courses. Strive to promote the safety, health and comfort of students, employees and guests of the college. Assume initiative for carrying out the mission and vision of A-B Tech and the goals of the Hospitality Education Division.
1. Provides instruction for Brewing, Distillation and Fermentation students and non-curriculum brewing related courses.
2. Designs, facilitates and implements brewing, distillation and fermentation related continuing education classes.
3. Maintains inventory of all production related materials including but not limited to malt, hops, and yeast and small wares, service ware, and equipment in brewing facility.
4. Oversee brewing facility and equipment usage.
5. Develops and coaches competition brewing/distillation team
6. Advises students in matters pertaining to career and academic development. Facilitates student career placement.
7. Collaborates with departmental personnel in curriculum revisions/updates which reflect changing trends and technologies.
1. Graduate of an Institute of Brewing and Distillation (IBD) recognized brewing program and holding an Associate degree.
2. Five years documented experience as a Brewmaster, Head Brewer, Brewing Supervisor or Operations Manager of a minimum 7 barrel brewhouse.
3. IBD Diploma in Brewing or able/willing to sit for exam.
1. Bachelor's degree or higher in Microbiology, Fermentation Science or related field.
2. Three years documented work experience in an industry notable brewing facility.
3. Production experience in a 30+ barrel brewhouse.
4. Work experience in a brewing facility with product production requirements to service a multi-state distribution demand.
5. IBD Certificate in the Fundamentals of Distilling or able/willing to sit for exam
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Official transcripts, from a regionally accredited institution, are required to be received a minimum of two business weeks before the first day of work. Failure to comply may result in revocation of the job offer.
For further information please visit https://abtcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2105
To apply for this role please contact:
Mr. Darryl Rhymes
A-B Tech Community College
340 Victoria Road
Asheville, NC 28801