We currently have a number of vacancies listed below.
If you are looking to advertise a vacancy on our website please contact Wiley by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to a brighter future
At Novozymes, we are creating a better world every day for the world around us, for each other and for the next generations. By joining us, you'll be working with our customers to make the world a better place too.
Account Manager Brewing and Grain Processing
To support continuous development in our Brewing and Grain Processing business, we wish to recruit an experienced Account Manager for the MENA (Middle East and Africa) region. The position will ideally be located in our Istanbul office, other options might be possible.
We're looking for a motivated individual fulfilling to following qualification criteria:
- University degree or equivalent qualification in food & beverage technology (brewing, malting, grain processing)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant job experience, preferably from producers (breweries, distilleries, starch processors) or suppliers into the industries (brewing, baking, starch/distilling, food industry)
- Solid technical understanding of food & beverage industry processes
- Strong fundament of sales and industry experience (>3 years) coming from B2B environment, preferred industries: food & beverage, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, chemicals or job relevant experience with international suppliers to the industries
- Possess strong business acumen - in particular understanding of the negotiation principles, account planning, solution selling, value pricing, production and supply chain, basic financial and legal principles and terms
- Ability to execute market prospecting, scout for new opportunities, discover and follow-through on leads
- Identify customer needs and translate them into mutually beneficial solutions
- Personality: responsible, goal-oriented, well organized and self-motivated, being able to develop geographically assigned area independently
- Strong communication and presentation skills and demonstrated solid computer proficiency (MS Office standard software, CRM, basic SAP, URL based applications)
- Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time in assigned region is a prerequisite (Turkey, Middle East, North and West Africa). An extension or substitution of territory is possible
- Fluency in English (written/spoken) plus either French or Arabic, Farsi (Persian), Turkish are of advanced benefit
In this interesting position, you will be part of the Sales team and the primary interface between Novozymes and the current/prospective customer base and distributors. You will work closely with your colleagues in the Novozymes offices in the region.
The primary responsibilities for the position include:
- You will develop the business in the Brewing and Grain processing industry; prospect, acquire new customers and develop existing ones according to plan across Middle East and Africa
- You will provide regional customer support to ensure a high quality standard in technical, supply chain and commercial interactions between customers and Novozymes is secured
- You relish a technically oriented sales process and have a natural interest for understanding both customer needs and the technical aspects of the Brewing and Grain industries
- You will carry out commercialization of existing and new Novozymes products and lead negotiations with B2B customers in accordance with defined and agreed marketing strategies
- You are culturally open and embrace diversity for the environment you will be working in
We offer an exciting position in a lively and professional international environment. You will report to the Industry Sales Manager Brewing and be part of an international network of highly skilled colleagues to support our growth and innovation-oriented strategy for Brewing and Grain processing industries. If you appreciate a large degree of freedom in planning and mode of action in your work, this position will be ideal for you.
Novozymes is the world leader in bio-innovation. We create tomorrow's solutions by applying technology to nature, to the benefit of both our customers' bottom line and the planet. Novozymes serves a broad array of industries using enzymes, micro-organisms, biopolymers, and biopharmaceutical ingredients. With over 700 products in 130 countries, Novozymes bio-innovations improve industrial performance and safeguard the world's resources because they represent superior and sustainable solutions for tomorrow's ever-changing marketplace.
The Cotswold Distilling Company is looking for a Distillery Production Manager to oversee the production of the first-ever Cotswolds Single Malt Whisky. Our custom, hand-made whisky stills will soon be installed. We would
like to start to engage with candidates for the role of production manager as soon as possible.
The role: Production manager
The production manager will be responsible for the day to day running of the distillery. This covers a broad range or responsibilities from dealing with raw materials, to supervising the distillation process, to warehousing, bottling, packing and shipping. These tasks require a readiness to get involved with all aspects maintenance and upkeep. You will need an open mind and willingness to learn about the artisan alcohol industry. Ultimately you will be responsible for the smooth operation of the distillery and will develop an expert ability to responsibly manage the
Tasks and activities
Detailed and responsible management of the whisky making process from grain to glass
Responsibility: equipment, maintenance, cleanliness, health and safety, etc.
Manage incoming and outgoing goods, materials and services
Management of shifts and production schedules
Participation in product development activities
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
Passion for whisky and distillation in general
An organized and meticulous approach
Willingness to learn
Preparedness to work hard, at times physically
A background in distilling, brewing, food, laboratories, or similar
What we can offer you:
A unique opportunity to play an important part in starting the first whisky distillery in the Cotswolds. You will be
mentored by one of the world's leading distillery consultants (Harry Cockburn). The distillery is a new business and
as it grows so will the expectations and compensation. Initially the compensation will be moderate but details of
specific terms and conditions can be discussed in confidence. If you feel that you or someone you know is the
right person for the job please get in touch.
MUST HAVE SEVERAL YEARS EXPERIENCE DISTILLING WHISKY - IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ACTUAL DISTILLING EXPERIENCE, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY.
To apply please contact: Daniel Szor, Chairman / CEO
The Cotswold Distilling Company Ltd.
Phillip's Field, Whichford Road
Stourton, Shipston-on-Stour CV36 5HG
Tel +44 (0) 1608 238 533
Joseph Holt is a unique brewery; it embodies traditional values with exceptional brewing. For more than 160 years the company has not only created and developed award winning beer, but also has served the community of which it forms a part, by building sustainable jobs and by working with charities to deliver substantial benefits to people living in the brewery's area of operations, and beyond.
Our Manchester brewery is home to a wide range of established and new beer, including award winning lagers and excellent Smooth and Black nitrogenous beer. While we continue to cherish our estate's pubs, we have developed durable and productive relationships with major supermarket brands. This latter development, together with the expansion of free trade, is helping to drive the company forward. The company manages 100 of the 125 pubs in its estate, constantly reviewing and revising the services and products that the pubs offer, to ensure that they shape, as well as respond to, consumer habits. We continue to develop our estate and are acquiring new units and sites for development.
We are recruiting for the position of Head Brewer, a vacancy created by the impending retirement of the highly successful incumbent. The Head Brewer will manage all brewing operations - from the brewing itself to warehousing, packaging and distribution. They will be responsible for the entire workforce and for managing the brewing team, and will sit on the Executive Committee. Our new Head Brewer will need to be an outstanding leader who will oversee the development of skills and the maintenance of motivation throughout the workforce that will underwrite the future of this family company. Most importantly they will have a genuine passion for brewing and a keen appetite for success.
Joseph Holt is offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for this vacancy send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Would you like the opportunity to be the best you can be, really make a difference and have a great time doing it? At Lion, our success comes from Great People and Great Brands. We are Australia and New Zealand's leading food and beverage company with great brands for every occasion.
We are now looking for a Brewing & Beverage Team Leader here at The Pride until February 2015.
Key responsibilities are:
- Leading a team of Beverage Technicians
- Responsibility for production during that shift and dealing with any issues that may arise
- Follow an alternating shift pattern (in the first instance days/pm but you may need to cover pm/nights or nights/days )
- Management of the brewing process and raw materials, pro-actively analysing trends and process variables to achieve consistent KPIs
- Displaying the right mix of brewing, technical and / or process engineering skills with a strong understanding and use of data handling & PC based systems
- Managing high performing teams, people development, cultural and engagement improvements
- Communication, planning and organisational skills
- Ability to deal with complexity, change and new technologies and processes
To be successful in this role you will ideally have:
- A tertiary level qualification applicable to Brewing or Beverage manufacturing or significant experience in these areas.
- Proven experience Brewing or Beverage manufacturing
- Leadership experience
- The ability to work shift hours
- Strong quality ethic, mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills
- The ability to think proactively and independently and demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Able to learn on the fly and handle multiple demands
- A clear understanding of Lean principles and engaged in the Lean process
Our culture of personal achievement and wellbeing provides the opportunity for a fulfilling career.
If you meet these skills and qualifications we look forward to receiving your application. Please apply by emailing your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
London Fields Brewery are looking for a new QC Brewer and Shift Supervisor to join our growing team.
Capable of supervising the efficient running of the Brewery on a daily basis including brewing, packaging, brewery hygiene, maintenance and raw materials inventory as well as having primary responsibility for quality control.
The ideal candidate will have a commercial brewing background and formal brewing qualifications as well as management experience allowing them to manage and motivate our existing team. We will consider both graduates with placement experience or candidates with a minimum 2 years commercial brewing experience.
A team player, you will need a hands on approach with all brewery tasks, be physically fit and capable of heavy lifting, be self motivated, organised, energetic and have the ability to problem solve and troubleshoot.
The job will involve:
- Process analysis.
- QC checks including: fermentation checks, gravity checks, yeast counts, CO2 checks and control, chiller checks, carbonation checks
- Overseeing the cask and keg washing, and bottling processes.
- Dealing with deliveries, yeast packaging and stock takes.
- Casking and Kegging.
- Record keeping.
- Representing the brewery when needed at events around London and the UK.
Salary dependent on experience with performance related bonus.
Camerons Brewery Ltd is one of the UK's largest independent Brewers offering contract brewing services to the beer industry as well as producing its own range of quality ales and lagers, and operating in excess of 75 pubs.
Reporting directly to the Brewery Director, we are currently seeking a highly experienced and forward thinking Engineering Manager to assume responsibility for all engineering aspects of the brewery site in Hartlepool including services, utilities, plant and equipment.
Ideally educated to degree level and with a minimum of 10 years' experience in a similar engineering role; the right candidate will demonstrate a proven track record in the management of a multi-disciplined engineering team including external contractors, preferably in the Food and Drink industry.
You will need to be a leading player in bringing about change by innovative design, efficiency gains, and maximising upon existing assets. Demonstrable leadership in World Class Manufacturing standards such as Lean Manufacturing is essential.
You will be responsible for the compilation and control of capital and revenue budgets as well as ensuring appropriate KPI's are implemented and monitored to target continuous departmental improvement, maximising operational performance and minimising downtime.
You will be used to operating within the confines of increasing regulatory demands upon Health, Safety, Environmental and Engineering standards and ideally be NEBOSH qualified.
If you are highly self-motivated with strong communication and leadership skills and interested in a challenging and dynamic role, then please forward your CV and covering letter highlighting your relevant experience, to Fiona Dineen, Operations Administrator, Camerons Brewery Ltd, Lion Brewery, Hartlepool TS24 7QS. Applications should be received by 28th February 2014 or alternatively by Email to: email@example.com with "Engineering Manager Application" in the subject field.
Are you passionate about artisanal spirits? Celebrate all things craft? A forward thinking traditionalist? Have a shared love for small batch distilling and producing a limited range of high quality products from the finest ingredients?
With a soon to be commissioned small batch copper pot and column distillery located in an urban environment in Perth Western Australia, we are seeking a passionate distiller to lead our operations and play a key role in the development of our unique products. While a formal qualification isn't necessary, preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate a high level of technical competence.
This role will suit the adventurous and inquisitive type who has an uncompromising approach to quality and who is challenged by the endless pursuit for the perfect beverage.
Applications should be sent via email to Jason@hippocampusdrinks.com.au
Finer points such as remuneration and commencement dates will be discussed with the applicant, based on availability, skills and experience.
If you can combine solid technical brewing credentials with an ability to deliver through people, we'd like to hear from you at Carlsberg UK. We're looking for an experienced individual who can deliver on service quality and cost targets across our Brewing & Processing (B&P) Operations.
Our customers have high expectations. They expect high quality beverages so we make sure everything that goes into beers such as Carlsberg, San Miguel, Tuborg, and Tetley's is of the highest standard. The same philosophy applies to the people we employ within our company.
Your role will be based on shift and focus on supporting B&P Shift Managers - and the wider team - on quality, cost and control issues. This will involve forging strong relationships with the day-based support functions and taking responsibility for the continuity of information and feedback. Driving continuous improvement is your ultimate goal and you will achieve this by becoming a key stakeholder, taking the lead in developing SOPs and becoming a red hot trouble shooter.
A strong relationship builder with a keen eye for detail, you'll bring practical brewing skills together with the strategic thinking required to deliver continuous improvement. A natural leader, you'll also have the ability to develop those around you through effective coaching and training.
Join Carlsberg UK and you'll be part of a company where your development will be paramount. We also offer a competitive rewards package with an impressive range of benefits, including private medical insurance, bonus scheme, a defined contribution pension scheme and, of course, a product allowance for you to enjoy our products responsibly with your friends and family.
Enjoy drink responsibly. See Drinkaware.co.uk for the facts.
To apply please click here
In anticipation of the retirement of the Editor of the Brewer & Distiller International in September 2014 an opportunity has arisen to join the IBD Team in the London office.
We are recruiting a Technical Officer to work within the Technical and Publications team reporting to the Technical and Publications Manager.
Interviews for the opportunity will be held in February 2014 and applications must reach the IBD by the 31st January 2014. The appointment will commence as soon as the successful candidate is available.
A full job profile and candidate competencies can be downloaded from the IBD website
The core responsibilities include;
- Development of curricula and learning materials
- Day to day management of procedures and ways of working for the Board of Examiners
- Writing short and long articles for the Brewer & Distiller International
- Representing the IBD at a variety of cross Industry committees
The core competencies required are
- Sound technical knowledge and possession of an IBD Diploma (Brewing or Distilling) or equivalent
- Ability to work on own initiative
- To be a completer finisher
- To be able to successfully manage multiple initiatives and timelines
- Very sound IT skills
- Proven skills in production of written materials and articles
- Excellent communicator
Competitive salary (based on experience) and benefits package
The successful candidate will be expected to travel frequently within the UK and occasionally further afield
If you are interested in this opportunity then please send you CV and a covering letter to Simon Jackson , IBD Director, by the 31st January 2014.