We currently have a number of vacancies listed below.
If you are looking to advertise a vacancy on our website please contact Wiley by email email@example.com
Join Bradford Brewery and help us bring back traditional brewing to the centre of Bradford for the first time in over 50 years.
Later this year, Bradford Brewery will be launching a new brewery and pub operation in the heart of this fast-growing city. Stake your claim to be Bradford Brewery's first Head Brewer and help develop our beer range that will stand up to some of the best in the country. We're looking for someone with bags of enthusiasm, a flair for innovation and a good dose of experience. It'd be fantastic if you had a sense of humour too. We are making beer after all.
Calm under pressure, you'll be responsible for the quality and consistency of every drop of beer that leaves the brewery.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage the efficient running of brewery operations on a day-to-day basis.
- Consistently develop and brew the finest quality beers, guaranteeing uninterrupted availability of our permanent range.
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing to create beers for our temporary range and ad-hoc activities.
- Report to and advise the Senior Management Team (of which you'll be a key member) on all aspects of the brewery's operations.
- Assist in the recruitment, training and support of all brewery staff.
- Work closely with the Managing Director and Finance Director to provide accurate forecasting and monitoring of all brewery costs.
- Ensure the brewery is compliant with all HSE and other legal requirements.
- Work closely with colleagues to negotiate the best possible raw ingredients pricing.
- Consistently reinforce quality across all brewing processes and product lines.
- Represent the brewery at a local and national level when needed.
- Give brewing and product training to all brewery and pub staff.
- Be a key member of the Senior Management Team and work to ensure that Bradford Brewery is at the forefront of craft brewing in the UK.
This is not just a brewing role. As well as all of the usual brewing tasks you'll also be a core part of our business growth during its' early stages. You'll have the opportunity to input into how we run our business, our branding, our marketing and our message.
We're not too bothered about where you've come from; we're more interested in your ideas of where you'd like to go. Just apply, you never know.
- Brewing qualifications (UK or International) and/or
- Significant commercial brewing experience
- Methodical and logical approach with a focus on quality
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Great under pressure
- A sense of humour
- Management of a craft brewing operation
- Experience of new product development
- Experience communicating the brilliance of beer to a variety of audiences
Standard recruitment stuff:
The role requires a person with the energy to work non-standard hours, and have excellent time-management skills, meticulous attention to detail, documenting and computer skills and the commitment to maintain high levels of hygiene and safety. You'll also need to live within a reasonable commute of the brewery and have a full UK driving licence.
If you are interested in having an informal chat, contact us and let's discuss options - we are open to suggestions!
Alternatively, please send a CV and a letter or video telling us who you are and why you want to work with us, to Matthew Halliday - firstname.lastname@example.org
Irish Distillers Pernod Ricard is home to Jameson, the world's fastest growing whiskey brand, and producer of some of Ireland's favourite spirits including Powers, Paddy, Cork Dry Gin, Huzzar Vodka along with our wine cooler brand - West Coast Cooler. We're part of the Pernod Ricard family, the world's co-leader in wine and spirits. With more than 18,000 employees across 70 countries, our employees can not only look forward to a convivial career here in Ireland but access to opportunities across the globe. We also market and distribute Pernod Ricard premium wine and spirit brands within Ireland including ABSOLUT, Chivas Regal, Havana Club Rum, Malibu, Jacob's Creek, Brancott Estate and Mumm Champagne.
Irish Distillers Pernod Ricard is currently recruiting for the permanent position of Packaging Development Technologist.
This position will be responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of packaging development projects in order to maximise customer service whilst managing cost effectively.
The successful candidate will have a relevant third level qualification in Packaging / Material Science / Quality or Business with 3+ years' experience in a similar role. A detailed understanding of glass bottles, closures, labels, gift packaging and corrugated packaging designs is essential. Previous experience working as part of a packaging team within FMCG/Drinks industry would be advantageous. Interested candidates should be customer focused with proven project management skills. Strong business acumen, commercial awareness and the ability to analyse data to support strategy are also essential. Candidates should also possess strong negotiation and influencing skills, have previous experience of leading cross-functional project teams, and have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Experience in SAP and budget management is also desirable. The role requires flexibility to travel both domestically and internationally.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the Republic of Ireland.
To apply for this vacancy send your cv and cover letter including salary expectations to: email@example.com
Closing date Friday 21st November 2014
- Rare and exciting career opportunity
- Based in world-famous Barossa Valley, South Australia
- Key role with an iconic Company
Tarac Technologies ('Tarac') provides environmental solutions and valued products and services to the Australian Wine Industry. It is an integral part of the industry's sustainability and has an enviable reputation within the wine industry as a company that has provided a quality service since 1930.
The Master Distiller is a key role with responsibility for and substantial influence over the style, quality, efficiency and volume of alcohol produced by Tarac across multiple distillation sites.
The role requires a high degree of understanding of the engineering, chemistry and science of alcohol distillation, both the practical and theoretical elements and aspects, together with a passion for the art of distillation.
The ideal candidate will have;
Appropriate tertiary qualifications related to alcohol distillation
Experience working with continuous distillation of potable alcohol at a middle management and technical expert level
Knowledge and experience with grape alcohol distillation will be a significant advantage
Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) and listening skills
Demonstrated skills and experience in working as a key member of a small team
The willingness and ability to work closely with sales staff and forge lasting relationships with customers
A critical element to the success of this role is cooperation and communication across the business and a close functional working relationship with the Sales Manager together with production and technical staff.
The Master Distiller will have a key working relationship with the Technical Sales Manager who currently undertakes aspects of this role and will transition these responsibilities to the Master Distiller.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated to secure an outstanding candidate.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Susan Collier, Morton Philips quoting Reference No 2645 on +61 8 8210 8510 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location- Kingsbarns Distillery, East Newhall Farm Steading, Cambo, Kingsbarns, Fife, KY16 8QD
Planned Start Date- 17th November 2014
Closing Date for applications-15/10/14
Hours of work- 40
Reporting to: Distillery Manager
Salary: Based on the skills and experience of the successful candidate
An exciting opportunity to be part of a new Distillery in Fife. We are currently seeking to appoint an assistant distiller to support a range of activities on site including the following:
- Assisting the Distillery Manager in his duties, including all aspects of production and CIP
- Data collection and analysis of distillery operations from malt intake to cask filling
- Ensure efficient and consistent production of spirit with particular emphasis on optimising spirit yield and quality
- Work in partnership with the visitor centre team, ensuring the site is a centre of excellence for visitor experience
- Accurately draw samples for customs and excise, lab analysis etc
- Interpretation of risk assessments, company policies, work instructions and acting in accordance with them
- General housekeeping
- Cask handling (a level of physical fitness)
- Promote a positive H&S culture
Skilled not only in the capacity to assist in the production of a light, lowland style spirit, this role requires the chosen candidate to adhere to all H&S, C&E and internal quality standards thus ensuring a safe plant and process. An enthusiastic attitude and willingness to learn is essential. Experience of plant/process operations in distilling/ brewing is desirable as is any educational background in the drinks industry such as BSc in Brewing and Distilling or General Certificate in Distilling.
To apply for this role please email Peter@kingsbarnsdistillery.com
The role of Maltings Manager in Cedars provides an opportunity to make a real difference to Muntons
- This position encompasses the following key areas of operation
o To manage the manufacturing operations of Cedars Maltings to drive continuous improvement in efficiency and reduce overhead costs
o To engender a culture of continuous positive change
o To develop a technically competent team suitable for rapid and continuous change and operational excellence
o Recommend an appropriate capital expenditure plan
o Pro-active management of health, safety, environment and food quality and other necessary compliance standards
o Liaise with Site Engineering Manager to ensure a high standard of planned and reactive maintenance and project management is effectively used to maximise production output
The Ideal Candidate will have the following attributes and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant malting, brewing and/or food manufacturing experience, ideally with a minimum of degree level qualification in a relevant subject area.
- Proven track record of implementation and administration of process performance indicators and management reporting tools in a manufacturing environment
- A confident pro-active communicator with excellent interpersonal communication skills and proven leadership ability over a variety of disciplines
- The ability and confidence to discuss and present to staff and executives both inside and outside Muntons
Remuneration and Benefits:
We will offer a package relevant to your qualifications and experience which will comprise a competitive annual salary, medical care and other benefits. There is a company bonus scheme which is available when certain performance parameters are achieved for the entire group.
Friday 26th September 2014
To Apply: Visit our website www.muntons.com/careers
Founded in South Africa in 1895, SABMiller has grown to become one of the world's largest & most respected brewing companies with operations in over 60 countries across 6 continents. Every minute of every day throughout the world an average of over 46,000 pints of SABMiller beer is consumed. SABMiller manufactures and markets over 200 beer brands across 127 breweries and has a total volume of 216 million hectolitres of lager sold.
Our brands include premium international beers such as Pilsner Urquell, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Miller Genuine Draft and Castle Lager, as well as an exceptional range of market-leading local brands such as Aguila (Columbia), Miller Lite (N. America), Snow (China) and Tyskie (Poland). Six of our brands are in the world's top 50 beer brands. We are also one of the largest bottlers of Coca-Cola products in the world.
The SABMiller organisation is passionate about brewing. From local beers steeped in tradition to brands that are recognised around the world, the company's ambition is always to offer an outstanding product. Its quality is backed by some of the most efficient brewing and distribution operations in the industry - not to mention its long and successful record of market research and brand development in all corners of the world. Its success also lies in the way it conducts its business - with a respect for partners and employees combined with a desire to support & invest in the local community.
SABMiller's history is one of exceptional growth and returns to shareholders. With its global footprint of close to 70,000 employees, strong portfolio of brands and spread of operations in both mature and developing markets, SABMiller is well placed for continued market growth with a current focus to grow the business organically.
Key Purpose Statement:
The role of the Hops and Botanicals Specialist is to provide technical expertise in the area of hops and other botanicals. The specialist will drive differentiation, innovation and technical advancements in the area of hops and other botanicals.
Hops are a key ingredient for the brewing of beer. The role holder will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of a Technical Hops Strategy for the Group. In addition the role holder will be responsible for the development and implementation of a Technical Strategy for non-hop botanicals for the Group.
The role requires technical expertise or a demonstrable understanding of science relevant to hops and botanicals (including but not limited to plant sciences, flavour chemistry, biological sciences allied to brewing). Candidates will be expected to have a track record in brewing and / or brewing science. He/she should be familiar with hop varieties and hop products or have experience of botanicals in beverages.
Outputs and Accountabilities
- Provide expert technical guidance on hops, hop products and botanicals Build relationships and networks i.e. develop and maintain contacts both within and external to SABMiller.
- Implement the hop technical strategy across the business
- Develop a botanicals technical strategy
- Provide support to the Research and Innovation teams in the areas of hops and botanicals
- Advise regions on hop variety and product choices
- Build hops and botanicals expertise within SABMiller through technical seminars and functional working groups
- Develop educational tools for the business on hops and botanicals
- Co-ordinate shared learning's and cross functional projects delivery within in the SABMiller
- Provide the hops and botanicals interface into the Procurement organisation
- Develop global policies, procedures, templates and processes in the area of hops and botanicals
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Hold a BSc (honours) science degree (in a biological or chemical discipline)
- Hold an MSc or PhD in Biological or Chemical Sciences
- Possess or be willing to complete a recognised brewing qualification
- Demonstrable knowledge of the hop supply chain, varieties and products
- Practical experience in the brewing industry
- Previous experience in innovation, hop research or new product development would be an advantage
Roles, skills and attributes required
- Ability to manage and influence people across all levels in the organisation
- Ability to work in unstructured environments and deliver business results
- Self- starter with strong execution bias
- Good motivator
- Ability to translate complex issues in a simple way
- Ability to work in a number of environments and cultures
- Demonstrable initiative and creativity
- Ensure work programs create maximum business benefit
- Ability to develop and maintain a network both inside and outside of SABMiller.
- Verbal and written communication skills
If you wish to apply for this role, please contact send CV's to email@example.com
John Dewar & Sons is part of Bacardi, a family-owned company full of passionate employees and iconic brands. This role will be based within UK Operations and the successful candidate will becone part of the Labs and Blending Team.
About the role:
Supporting the Master Blender and the Assistant Blender/Inventory Planner, the main work activity will be centred around picking and scheduling casks for blends and single malts, ensuring that casks from external warehouses arrive on time and in full. Additional elements will include scenario modelling activities.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Plan and pick casks for blends and single malts to ensure adherence with the short,
- medium and long term bottling plans.
- Scheduling of sampling with Bulk Planner for single cask bottlings,
- Scheduling re-casking activities to support single cask finishing projects.
- Scheduling marrying activities, as per forecast/demand.
- Generate monthly reports for Blend Variance and Inventory Surplus and shortage and the
- inventory position against the forecast and 12 year plan.
- Assist in providing scenario models of our inventory as required.
- Assist in the compilation of data for the 12 year plan.
- Participate in projects to continuously improve JDSL blending processes.
- Participate in the maintenance and development of inventory and stock modelling systems.
- Analyse blend variance data and report to Master Blender.
- On a monthly basis collaborate with the Master Blender to review the blend formulas.
- Any other tasks key to the smooth operation and development of blending.
- Train to become a key noser.
Whisky Stock Planning Activities:
- Weekly - meet with Planning and Materials Team, to receive information on new volumes
- and confirm existing volumes.
- Weekly - attend the Planning Meeting.
- Attending monthly blend variance meetings.
- Pick casks for selected high volume blends long term in conjunction with the Warehouse
- T.L. and Inventory Planner, liaising with Master Blender where shortages are identified.
- Ensure that sufficient notice is given to both internal and external warehousing sites to
- allow blending to proceed as scheduled.
Please send a copy of your current CV, containing details of your current remuneration package, to Lisa Lawson: HR Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 19th September 2014.
A high-profile, mission-critical role with William Grant & Sons, worldwide leader in premium spirits brands.
Permanent & Full time.
Highly competitive plus benefits
Leading the planning, control and manufacture of all our Dufftown distillery operations at Glenfiddich, Balvenie and Kininvie is the key to this Head of Distilling role which reports to our Site Leader. With four direct and 33 indirect reports, the Head of Distilling will also be responsible for the long-term technical and commercial development of the distillery operations, whilst ensuring compliance with Health & Safety, environmental and HMRC legislation, in addition to licences and regulatory obligations. Key accountabilities include:
- operational budgets
- maximising efficiencies and cost-of-make
- improvement in the process area to drive competitiveness, customer service, quality and efficiency
- working in partnership with all regulators to maintain constructive relationships.
Educated to degree level in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a Science discipline, the Head of Distilling will have a proven track record with evidence of extensive technical competence in the distilling, brewing, petrochemical or pharmaceutical sectors. An acknowledged leader who can set objectives, performance-manage a team and develop individuals to achieve their potential, you also have the strategic vision to challenge the status quo and the passion to strive for innovation. Ideally with experience of managing either a fossil or renewable energy generation operation, the Head of Distilling will preferably be familiar with the management of customer and commercial elements of the operation. Additionally you're:
- a resilient leader able to operate across different cultures
- self-reliant, with the interpersonal skills to interact at all levels of the business
- a clear, confident decision-maker.
Established in 1887, family-owned William Grant & Sons is a growing premium spirits company with a high-profile portfolio enjoyed worldwide. We distil some of the world's leading brands of Scotch whisky, including Glenfiddich, the world's favourite single malt, The Balvenie and Grant's, in addition to one of Ireland's finest whiskeys, Tullamore Dew. We also lead the way in spirits innovation, with a range of other award-winning drinks.
A comprehensive relocation package is available to this beautiful part of Speyside.
If we've just described you and your aspirations, then to develop a career with a global leader, please click on the APPLY button below.
Little Creatures in Australia are looking for experienced Brewers
Do you want to be part of a team of like-minded people working together in one of Australia's greatest and fastest growing Craft Breweries?
Little Creatures Breweries are looking to expand their teams of passionate Brewers.
Our Brewers work on shift; these hands on production roles covers all areas of Brewing, Cellars and Packaging. As part of your career development there is an expectation are that you will rotate through all production areas.
The successful candidates must have Technical Brewing qualifications coupled with some practical experience in a working Brewery.
Above all, the successful candidates will be able to demonstrate their passion for Craft beer.
This is a fantastic opportunity for talented and passionate individuals to further their brewing careers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Internationally recognised brewing qualifications
- Practical Brewery experience
- Well-developed communication and team work skills
- Proven problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Demonstrate your passion for beer and craft and a commitment to excellence
To apply please email: email@example.com
Britain's oldest brewer, Shepherd Neame, is an independent family brewery and pub operator based in the market town of Faversham in Kent. Beer quality is paramount, and we have won more than 40 international awards for our beer in the last five years. Our popular range of ales and lagers, available on draught and in bottle, include Spitfire, Bishops Finger, Master Brew and the new Whitstable Bay Collection. We also brew speciality beers such as Asahi and Samuel Adams Boston Lager under license.
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Brewer to join our award-winning team. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter who shares our passion for brewing great beer. You will have an IBD Diploma or Brewing School qualifications, be familiar with ISO and BRC certification requirements and have experience in a supervisory or management role. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, along with strong problem solving skills and a proactive 'can do' attitude.
The successful applicant will be responsible for first line management of the brewery and large pack operations. They will also play an active part in new product development involving the pilot brewery. They will be happy to work flexible hours, as the role involves an alternating two-shift system, including some weekends. In return, we will offer a competitive salary depending on experience, along with associated company benefits. We think Shepherd Neame is a great place to work, and as more than half of our employees have been with us for over 10 years, it's clear they agree. If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply in writing enclosing your CV to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state the reference of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Closing date for applications: 29th August 2014
Apply your combination of technical excellence, leadership skills and appetite for continuous improvement to some of the great Global Drinks Brands.
Established in 1887, family-owned William Grant & Sons is a growing premium spirits company with a high-profile portfolio enjoyed worldwide. We distil some of the world's leading brands of Scotch whisky, including Glenfiddich®, the world's favourite single malt, The Balvenie® and Grant's®, one of the world's most loved blended Scotches, in addition to one of Ireland's finest whiskeys, Tullamore Dew®. We also lead the way in spirits innovation, with a range of other award-winning drinks, including gin, rum, tequila and vodka.
Reporting to our Process Area Leader, as Process Team Leader you'll be responsible for leading, controlling and developing all aspects of production and manpower for two of our major distilleries. Ensuring all operations adhere to both our production strategy and legislative requirements, you'll play a central role in the development and execution of site plans in addition to ad hoc improvement projects. So maximising cost-efficiencies whist liaising closely with a wide range of stakeholders will be a key element, together with accountability for Health & Safety. The role will also involve:
- aligning business objectives to help drive behavioural and process change
- overseeing operational maintenance
- acting as on-call Team Leader when appropriate.
Educated to degree level in either Chemistry, Brewing, Chemical Engineering or another Science discipline, you have a significant technical leadership track record in the drinks, pharmaceutical or petrochemical sector. A proven, resilient leader, able to set objectives and both develop and performance-manage your team and get to grips with differing cultures, you're strong on planning and implementation, with a real eye for detail. In addition to robust self-reliance, you'll also bring:
- excellent all-round communication and interpersonal skills enabling you to operate at all levels within the organisation
- great problem-solving skills, with the ability to deliver under conflicting restraints
- a clear drive for continuous improvement and personal excellence.
Job Reference: OM7665
If you enjoy working in a forward-thinking and pioneering culture which recognises the value of innovation, and we've just described you and your aspirations, then to develop a career with a global leader, please click on the APPLY button below.