GEA Younger Member Award: Andrew Jones, Tooheys Pty Limited
Sponsors: GEA Brewery Systems GmbH, Huppmann Tuchenhagen;
GEA Process Engineering South Africa
1. Return economy flight to BRAU 2011, Nuremberg, Germany (09-11 November 2011)
2. Accommodation including breakfast during exhibition and at Kitzingen during visit to GEA Brewery Systems, Kitzingen.
3. Pocket money 500 €uros
4. Use GEA Stand as a base during exhibition
5. Before exhibition visit GEA Brewery Systems which is a company of the GEA Group in Kitzingen
This award will run for five consecutive years starting in 2007.
1. IBD Africa Section and IBD Asia Pacific Section - Younger Members employed in industry, academia, manufacturing and the brewing industry.
2. Employees of the GEA Groups of companies are excluded from entering this award.
1. Professor Graham Stewart on behalf of the IBD, London
2. Dr. Martin Krottenthaler, Brewing University of Weihenstephan, Germany
3. Dr. Rudolf Michel, GEA Brewery Systems, Kitzingen, Germany
Scope of the project:
1. Research or applied projects related to Process Technology in the storage of materials, production of wort, fermentation, maturation, filtration and storage of final product for packaging. Projects may include aspects related to utilities, process control, hygiene and environmental factors.
2. Packaging and Spirits Distillation processes are excluded from the scope.
Structure of project for submission of award:
1. Personal date of author of project
2. Name and age
3. Physical address and email address
4. Name and address of company or institution
5. Name and address of author's manager or supervisor
6. Brief description of current position
8. IBD Membership number
Project title and details (maximum 3000 words)
1. Summary of purpose - expected outcomes to be achieved (200 words)
2. Key benefits obtained
3. Experimental or practical aspects of the project that include basis for project, calculations, conclusions, diagrams, graphs and pictures where applicable.
4. Literature references
Format of the presentation:
1. Word document. Arial type size 11
2. Maximum size of document; 2.5 MB for ease of communication. If large, advise Award coordinator below.
3. Pictures may be formatted in PDF to reduce size
Project submissions to be sent direct to your GEA Award Co-ordinator, but no later than 31st July 2011.
GEA award Co-ordinator Africa: Eddie Wepener, email: email@example.com
GEA award Co-ordinator AsiaPacific: Andrew Fillery, email: firstname.lastname@example.org