roomCotswolds Distillery, Phillip's Field, Whichford, Stourton, Shipston-on-Stour CV36 5HG
business Cotswolds Distillery
phone 01608 238533
In your role you will:
• Create innovative, food safe, stability tested spirit-based products at lab scale and provide guidance and recommendations for industrial scale up.
• Maintain supply of NPD developed small batch and commercial products for our retail outlets and trade customers.
• Coordinate and perform organoleptic assessments and analyses of results.
• Prepare NPD dossiers and product manuals.
• Prepare financial estimates for NPD deliverables.
• Manage workloads to meet determined KPI targets. ·
• To develop strong working relationships with external networks such as flavour houses and ingredient suppliers.
• To develop strong working relationships with internal departments (Production, Warehouse, Bottling and Logistics).
• Maintain a library of NPD reference samples, ingredients and supporting documentation.
• Operate and verify best practice techniques and procedures.
• Perform audits of suppliers.
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities within the role and implement when appropriate.
• Accountable for the quantity and quality of personal output.
• Undertake all activities in a manner consistent with the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental Policy and Procedures, and the Quality Management System in place (SALSA).
• Undertake accurate stock takes weekly.
Desirable Key Skills & Experience:
• A B.Sc. degree in a relevant scientific discipline or at least one years’ practical experience in an associated sensory / new product development / research and development/ gin production role.
• Proficient in the use, development and understanding of techniques employed for spirits product testing and compliance.
• Understanding of the chemistry associated with ingredients interaction and their impact on product and taste stability.
• Knowledge and experience in methodologies such as sensory analysis, research techniques and project management
• Capable of working with a high degree of accuracy and organization whilst being responsive and flexible in coping with necessary changes in priorities.
• Ability to communicate technical matters.
• Must be able to demonstrate an ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• A team player possessing good quality interpersonal skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Good computer literacy.
• Whilst not essential an understanding of the legislation associated with food safety and ingredients in spirits would be desirable
• The role requires a highly motivated, ‘can-do’ attitude. You should be proactive and capable of working on your own initiative.
• 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
• Staff discounts on products
• Staff discount in our onsite café
• Company pension scheme
Due to our rural location applicants must have their own transport.