Saving the Planet One Grain at a Time
Progress Towards a Zero-carbon Brewing and Distilling Industry
THURSDAY 22th April 2021 - 16:00 – 18:00 BST
By the IBD Southern Section in partnership with Brewing, Food & Beverage Industry Suppliers (BFBi)
THURSDAY 22nd April, 16:00 – 18:00 BST
One of the biggest issues facing our industry is the “climate change emergency” and our customers and investors will expect each of us and our businesses to make reductions in the carbon footprint impact on the environment of our products.
We are all on a journey and the Southern Section of the Institute of Brewing and Distilling and BFBi would like to invite you to Saving the planet one grain at a time: Progress towards a zero-carbon brewing and distilling industry, a Virtual Environmental Conference to be held on 22nd April (World Earth Day) 2021.
The purpose of the conference is to engage will all alcoholic beverage producers and their supply chain by:
Bringing interested and committed Industry Professionals and Environmental Scientists together across the whole Brewing & Distilling supply chain.
Why you should attend:
- Learn best industry practice across industry platforms
- Discover successes achieved in reducing carbon footprint
- Identify gaps between what is required and what must be achieved to achieve carbon-neutral products
- Explore new and developing technologies and how they may be applied
- Emphasise to the World the achievements of the Brewing and Distilling Industries and their Suppliers
This is just the start of a journey we hope this initiative will start individual meetings and working groups to develop the conversation across the whole industry to focus efforts towards a sustainable future.
Agenda & Speakers:
- Dr. Nigel Davies - “Malt: Embedded sustainability to protect your brand” - Muntons Plc
- Chris Drummond - “A programme in Sustainable Brewing” - Good Things Brewing Co
- Giles Gibbons - ’Hero to Zero’ – Reflections on the journey to a ‘Net Zero’ Gin.” - Good Business
There will be opportunities to engage in Question & Answer.
Webinars recordings will be available for IBD Members only.
To become a IBD Member and unlock all our benefits, visit this page.
Discover the benefits of being a IBD Member.