Country: United Kingdom
Reporting Line: Master Blender
Job type: Full time
Lead recruiter: Leanne Miles
About the role
This is your chance to join the Blenders and Whisky Stocks Team at one of the most exciting periods in our more than 175 years of whisky making at John Dewar & Sons. This role is pivotal to ensuring the success of our maturation and finishing programs and to ensure that one of our greatest assets, our casks are nurtured and filled in the right location at the right time.
We are looking for a dynamic, focused professional to ensure that our diverse range of oak casks are in the right location at the right time to fulfil the maturation requirements of our award-winning single malts and Blended Scotch whiskies.
If you have excellent planning skills, a strategic thinker with excellent negotiation and people skills, then we want to hear from you.
Tertiary education is preferred, but 3 – 5 years of experience in planning and scheduling loads and budget adherence is essential.
With our Consumer at the heart, your key focus will be to:
- Budget adherence: ensure a deep understanding of the Cask budget and owning the responsibilities of adhering to the spending milestones, working closely with our Finance Partners.
- Purchase Orders and Good Receipts: In accordance with the cask intake schedule, place orders for casks with our approved suppliers and ‘receipt’ when they arrive at our sites.
- Suppliers and Procurement: Work with our cask suppliers to ensure the best possible delivery dates and follow up on any quality or service issues in tandem with Procurement
- Scheduling Deliveries: Work closely with our freight forwarding supplier, as well as our Bulk Planning and Transport Manager and Maturation and Blending Managers to ensure that the correct casks are sent to the correct filling site at the time they are required, in accordance with the maturation requirements and Wood Profiles.
- Cask CAPEX: Assist in the compilation of the cask CAPEX submission.
- Cask Stock Reports: Provide periodic reports of empty cask stocks held at JDSL sites identifying any potential issues with cask supply and areas of opportunity
Skills and Experience
The Skills & Experience needed to create your legacy
- Financial: Experience of managing a commercial budget is essential.
- IT Systems and software: Excellent Excel Skills and SAP experience is essential and DRAMs experience is preferred.
- Experience of planning and scheduling to multiple sites and with vary lengths of lead times is essential, ability to successful manage complex requirements.
- The ability to work with people and ensure that the requirements of the business are fulfilled.
- Numerical data analysis skills are essential.
- Dynamic and optimistic with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Personable with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strategic thinker and problem solver.
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars - Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
- Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
- Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
- Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it’s our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.
Disclaimer: Bacardi is an equal opportunity employer that values workforce diversity. Diversity is core to our business: by embedding diversity into all aspects of our culture, we maximize the opportunity to achieve sustainable business success and growth. The duties and responsibilities described in the role profile might not be a comprehensive list.