Coronavirus update at a glance - Updated 01/05/2020
We know there is information overload at the moment and continued uncertainty. After weeks adapting to the government guidance, wherever you may be in the world, we want you to know that you are doing a great job!
Here are some highlights:
- The IBD team continue to operate remotely. We have conducted a staff survey to check the temperature of the team, run frequent all team meetings, host a Thursday afternoon virtual pub with quizzes, Pictionary and general team banter!
- Section committee meetings. We are delighted to have hosted successful and well attended AGM’s and IBD Section committee meetings over teleconference platform Zoom. A big thank you to all our members who are embracing the new technology, it is great to see your faces and continue the conversation to support and improve our industry.
- General Certificate exams have been rescheduled to Monday the 1st June - Tuesday 30th June 2020. The new exam format of remote invigilation (remote proctoring) allows you flexibility to schedule your examination on any June 2020 date and time that suits your schedule
Key dates for your diary:
- Wednesday 13th May 2020: IBD NEW Exam portal opens for bookings, instructions shall be sent to all candidates via email
- Monday 1st - Tuesday 30th June 2020: IBD General Certificate Exams sessions are live
- Monday 13th July 2020: All candidate results are released
- Foundation exams previously scheduled for 6th May 2020 have a confirmed new date of June 2020 (specific June dates coming soon). Just like the General Certificate exams, the IBD are making swift progress and are closer to delivering a new secure examination environment via remote invigilation (remote proctoring). All candidates will be emailed very soon.
- Diploma and Master exams scheduled for 2 - 5th June 2020 are now confirmed for September 8th – 11th 2020. Master Module 5 submission deadline is now set for 15th September 2020. All candidates have been informed via email and we would like to wish everyone the best of luck with their studies as you prepare to get match fit for the exam! We are in close contact with our global exam centres as we navigate this new reality and will alert you to any local changes that may further impact the new dates.
- The General Certificate in Cidermaking is coming soon. The qualification is aimed at people working at senior operator or team leader levels in a major operation and also people running and operating small cider mills/cideries. This will now be going live in May (previously we reported it would be April) for November examinations so watch this space.
- All IBD face to face training has been postponed and we are communicating with all candidates and tutors about the next steps.
- All BACA courses have been cancelled and no new dates are confirmed at present.
- The IBD are using this time to innovate, evolve and bring our customers new alternatives and value.
- The Customer Experience team are your main point of contact for all member and candidate enquiries. Please contact us and one of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.