Role Type: Fulltime, permanent
Location: Prestwood, at the heart of the Chiltern Hills (AONB), England, UK
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Company: Malt the Brewery
Malt The Brewery is a British-made 10BBL microbrewery, shop & tasting room
located on a dairy farm in Prestwood, right at the heart of the Chiltern Hills, declared Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
About the Location
Prestwood is a great place to live and work. There's a developing foodie scene with an award-winning farm shop, Zero Waste Refill Shop & Cafe and the award-winning pub group, Oakman Inns all choosing to invest here.
The village benefits from a tennis club, gym and many scenic routes across the Chiltern Hills for walking, running & cycling.Popular local schools are all rated good or outstanding and there is access to excellent grammar schools in the neighbouring towns of Amersham and High Wycombe.
Great Missenden is just under 2 miles away and has a picturesque high street with many historic buildings, boutiques, pubs, restaurants and the popular Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre. The Station is only 40 minutes from Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre. The Station is only 40 minutes from Marylebone via Chiltern railways.
About the Brewery
You’ll be joining us at an exciting and important time in our history. Established in 2012, we’d just completed a local crowd funding campaign before the Pandemic, which gained us 54 local investors and a transformation fund. Priorities obviously changed in 2020, putting our plans on hold.
We’re now getting back to our transformation plans, including the creation of some new roles and the installation of some new production equipment.
We’re looking for an experienced commercial brewer to lead the Brewing Operations Function and
join our Leadership Team in a new important role.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the brewing process – raw materials, wort production, yeast management, fermentation, racking, management, fermentation, racking, packaging, QA, SOPs, cleaning, detailed record keeping & HACCP.
To join the Malt Family, you’ll be a great team player with some creative ideas about how we can deliver our program of change.
As an experienced brewer, you will have an opportunity to make a big difference. You'll be given head space to step-up and show us what you’ve got.
Requirements - Essential
- General Certificate in Brewing (IBD) or solid equivalent career experience Minimum of 3 years as a commercial brewer
- Designed and launched a number of successful beer brands
- Line Management and coaching experience
- Commercial thinking
- Good communication skills
- A range of SOPs, processes & good practice from the industry
- Good problem-solving skills
- Technical QA experience
- Flexible and prepared to contribute in all areas of the business as
- Team player willing to deliver shared goals
- Comfortable commuting distance of the brewery (HP16 0HW)
- Current clean UK driving licence
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy items
- A Scientific or Food Science degree (or demonstrable equivalent)
- Working towards IBD Diploma in Brewing
- Current forklift truck licence
- A current first aid in the workplace certificate
Normal working hours
The brewery currently operates from 9am on Tuesdays until 7pm Saturdays.
This role will be product and demand led and flexibility will be required, including visits to the brewery on ‘rest-days’, representing the business at markets, events and hosting brewery tours.
Competitive industry-indexed salary
Competitive holiday allowance
Sociable and friendly team culture
Share options & profit related pay
Send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or email us to arrange a chat.