Liquid Production Manager
Liquid Production Manager
Company: Atom Group
Salary: Up to £45,000 depending on experience
Location: Tonbridge - Kent - England - UK
We are looking for a motivated, on-site Liquid Production Manager to join our team in Tonbridge, who'll have oversight and responsibility for all Atom Group liquid creation, including supervision of a team of Distillery Assistants. There'll be a fair bit of a responsivity on your shoulders, ensuring we can keep up with the demand for all of the wonderful things that we make!
About the role
Health & Safety is paramount in everything we do, so you'll play a key role in this (as well as what we mentioned in our lovely intro!), whilst also driving continuous improvement, looking for ways to innovate, reduce cost, increase efficiency and product quality.
Accurate Production forecasting, monitoring and reacting to demand for liquid will be key day to day, and subsequently delivering liquid on a ‘just in time’ basis to the finishing line for supply to Atom customers. Other than these meaty responsibilities, you'll also;
- Work with key people across all departments to implement the most effective production plan, and report departmental performance regularly.
- Take responsibility for and oversee a team of Distillery Assistants in the production of Atom Group liquid, including Gin, Rum, Whiskey and new product lines to be added in future. This includes playing key role in recruitment and retention.
- Lead distilling on both vacuum and pot still, Maintaining QC levels for the production of all Atom liquids, and comply with all health and safety requirements on site in conjunction with our Health & Safety Manager and the Quality Manager.
- Oversee the department's role in NPD, particularly in recipe development and production techniques.
- Develop, create and maintain an effective, accessible record keeping system, completing due diligence and all records, including those for bond compliance, in a timely manner.
- Carry out shift management as required (early mornings - opening up - in particular).
Who we are
Atom Group is a pioneering, disruptive global drinks group encompassing the full life-cycle of spirits, from inception, prototyping, production and brand ownership with Atom Brands; through import, distribution and brand development via Maverick Drinks; to global online retail at Master of Malt.
What we value
We don’t know exactly what the future looks like, but we do know that we have a mission – to create unexpected delight as we help people explore, buy, and enjoy drinks more. We’re proud to move quickly and do what’s best for business so life here is challenging, dynamic and a lot of fun along the way. Our values aren't your typical list of all that’s good in the world - and instead an insight into some of the main things that we value, which distinguish us and make Atom different;
- Humanism for the win! We're all about relationships over prescribed processes, it's how we innovate and move quickly. We're a team made up of small businesses which you're the leader of in your own space - so we're built around Integrity & Respect
- Give a sh*t! A passion for not only what we do but how we do it - making everything your concern and not being constrained by the limitations of a hierarchical structure, which inhibits creativity and inclusiveness.
- Live in Reality. Carve your own path. We're focused on fluidity in our roles, which enables us to encourage growth and movement within our teams of Atom'ers. We don't map out a dictated career pathway for you to follow, we instead respect individuals who embrace complexity and want to explore their capabilities and progress within - by offering unlimited potential.
- Strive for greatness. Be accountable, raise the roof, not the floor.
What you'll need
You will join us with demonstrable operational experience in a beverage alcohol production environment, and educated to degree level, ideally with a BSc in Brewing and Distilling, although degrees in Engineering, Chemistry or Biology would be considered.
Experience managing a team of people is really crucial to your success in the role, accompanied by excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to cope with multiple projects at any one time. Also;
- Experience using Orchestrated Business Management Software an advantage, as is SCRUM methodology or AGILE project management experience
- Power BI experience an advantage
- Strong personal interest in spirits
- Enthusiastic, driven, looking for a challenge - with an ability to keep a clear head under pressure, allowing effective decisions to be made
- Great team player with a positive, can do attitude
- Enthusiastic, driven and ready for a challenge accompanied by a crazy passion for spirits & innovation, with superb attention to detail and an analytical mindset
- A self-starter with exceptional organisation and project management skills. Creative and dynamic, with a passion for craft spirits
- A team player steeped in integrity, who can also work autonomously and independently
- Positive, can do attitude with the ability to keep a clear head under pressure, allowing effective decisions to be made.
This sounds like a bit of me, what do I get in return?
It’s a fair question in a really competitive market for great talent…
We’re all about boundless curiosity, so you’ll discover loads of opportunities to spark your creative flair and work along-side unreal talent who all have the same job description, to ‘Make Atom Successful.’ Trust is at the epicentre of all that we can do, so you’ll work in a transparent and honest environment where we have each other’s backs, and be free of aging corporate policies and rules.
Life here’s about so much more than pay and benefits - you might get a slightly higher salary if you cram onto an expensive, crowded commuter train into the city, but you’ll struggle to find a company with the flex, agility and unique-ness that we have. In short, we’ve got you covered financially but if money is your main driver, we’re not for you.
We hate waste in all of it’s forms and time is no different, so we’re focused on productivity and output rather than when or where you work, or what you wear into the office - you can come in fancy dress for all we care! This means that although we can’t promise anything, flexible working options are built into our DNA.
Along with the stuff you get for turning up to work each day (think private healthcare scheme, unlimited annual leave, pension, cycle-2-work, eye care, enhanced maternity & paternity leave, free food, drinks and parking at the office), you’ll also get a healthy staff discount on our world-class range (just in case that makes a difference).
We don’t sit still, and there’s a lot more to come... Apply now if you want to join us.
Up to £45,000 depending on experience