This qualifications is suitable for all non-technical personnel employed in the brewing industry who would benefit from background knowledge in beer production and for those who have just commenced their technical or production careers.
Typical candidates are those working in sales, marketing, HR, and finance who would benefit from background knowledge in brewing production. The Fundamentals of Brewing & Packaging (FBPB) require a basic knowledge of the processes used to produce and package the many types of beer consumed worldwide. The production of most beer styles involves many common features and the purpose of this qualification is to provide a basic grounding in the technical features of brewing and packaging of beers for both production personnel and for people employed in brewery companies (and related industries), but in non-technical roles.
Fundamental examinations offer qualification for the validation of the training in the basic technical knowledge of brewing and packaging of beer for production personnel or for the induction training of brewery company management recruits not necessarily intended for production management posts.
- Entry is open to all candidates.
- IBD membership is not required.
- The minimum recommended study time is 2 – 3 hours on each Section, dependent on level of experience and prior knowledge. Some of the Sections will have more questions asked in the examination than others; this is detailed in the Syllabus and is a useful guide to allocating study time.
- The Fundamentals Level examination is based only on information contained within the Learning Material. The Learning Material will be sent on application and can also be accessed by members under Learning Resources.
- Before applying we recommend that you read the Exam Candidate Welcome Pack.
- Examinations are sat in centres around the world, to find your closest one please click here.
- The 2 hour examination consists of 50 multiple choice questions sat either online or on paper. The pass mark is set at 66% (33 correct answers from 50 questions). Candidates attaining 90% or more achieve a Distinction pass and 80 - 89% achieve a Credit pass.
To view sample questions for this examination please click here.
- In the Name field please enter IBD
- In the Group field please leave it blank
- IBD Examination Regulations can be found here.
|Examination Date||Early Bird Deadline (EBD)||(EBD) Fee*||Final Deadline (FD)||(FD) Fee*|
|8 Nov 17||23 Jul 17||£240||1 Sep 17||£290|
|9 May 18||30 Jan 18||£240||1 Mar 18||£290|
*Note: Fees may be subject to VAT.
Are you looking for training to complement this examination?
If you are interested in receiving training for this examination please visit the Training area of our website.