This examination is a measure of the candidate's theoretical knowledge of the science and technology of packaging.
Typical candidates are team leaders, operational managers and technicians. The examination is split into three modules, which can be sat in any order and combination. IBD members who have successfully completed the programme and passed their Diploma level examinations are awarded the use of the post nominal “Dipl. Pack”.
Module 1 Packaging Operations I
Module 2 Packaging Operations II
Module 3 Packaging Technology
- Entry is open to all candidates.
- It is recommended that candidates complete the General Certificate in Packaging and/or have sufficient scientific knowledge at Diploma, BSc. or MSc. level.
- Please note that membership is not required to sit the exam
- It is recommended that completion of the Diploma qualification is planned over three years. The minimum recommended study time is 3 - 4 hours per week (total 120 hours) per Module.
- Before applying we recommend that you read the Syllabus
- Candidates should not limit their study to the direct Learning Material. Candidate's are recommended to read the Examiners Reports, Brewer & Distiller International, Journal of the Institute of Brewing and relevant textbooks to form the basis of their study. The Learning Material can be accessed under Learning Resources.
- Examinations are sat in centres around the world, to find your closest one please click here.
- Each Module consists of a three hour examination requiring both short answer and essay-style answers. Previous examinations (questions and feedback) can be found here.
- IBD Examination Regulations can be found here.
|Module||Examination Date||Early Bird (EB) Deadline||EB Fee*||Final Deadline (FD)||(FD) Fee*|
|1||4 Jun 19||30 Nov 18||£405||1 Mar 19||£455|
|2||5 Jun 19||30 Nov 18||£405||1 Mar 19||£455|
|3||6 Jun 19||30 Nov 18||£405||1 Mar 19||£455|
*Note: Fees may be subject to VAT.
Are you looking for training to complement this examination?
If you are interested in receiving training for this examination please visit the Training area of our website.