The General Certificate in Packaging gives international recognition of a basic, under-pinning knowledge and understanding in the principles of packaging operations.
The General Certificate in Packaging has been designed for candidates who may have little or no formal academic or technical qualification. Typically a candidate will be employed as a senior operator or team leader in a brewery or packaging plant, however the scope of these examinations will enable candidates from smaller brewing operations to obtain this recognised qualification.
- Entry is open to all candidates.
- IBD membership is not required.
- The minimum recommended study time is 3 – 4 hours on each Section, dependent on level of experience and prior knowledge. Some of the Sections will have more questions asked in the examination than others; this is detailed in the Syllabus is a useful guide to allocating study time.
- For the Packaging of Beer Syllabus please click here
- For the Packaging of Spirits Syllabus please click here
- The General Certificate Level examination is based only on information contained within the Learning Material. The Learning Material will be sent on application and can also be accessed by members under Learning Resources..
- Examinations are sat in centres around the world, to find your closest one please click here.
- The 2 hour examination consists of 60 multiple choice questions sat either online or on paper. The pass mark is set at 66% (40 correct answers from 60 questions). Candidates attaining 90% or more achieve a Distinction pass and 80 - 89% achieve a Credit pass.
To view sample questions for this examination please click here.
- In the Name field please enter IBD
- In the Group field please leave it blank
- IBD Examination Regulations can be found here.
|Examination Date||Early Bird Deadline (EBD)||(EBD) Fee*||Final Deadline (FD)||(FD) Fee*|
|8 May 19||31 Jan 19||£255||1 Mar 19||£305|
*Note: Fees may be subject to VAT.
Are you looking for training to complement this examination?
If you are interested in receiving training for this examination please visit the Training area of our website.