We’re looking for a passionate and knowledgeable distiller, for a full time position at our distillery.
Who are we?
Our family company Berentsens Brygghus was founded in 1895, and started with small batch soda production. Today, after 124 years in business, our company makes craft sodas and beer, spirits, and even apple juice.
Last year we started a brand new distillery. With three brand new stills delivered in November, we’re set up to make whisky, gin, and aquavit. We’ve got both feet planted safely on the ground (most of the time anyways) and realize that a fulltime position as distiller will need a person flexible enough to brew beer, do cellar work (spirit and beer), and showcase spirits and beer at festivals – at least as long as there’s time for these extras besides distilling.
- Are flexible in both work and working hours/days
- Enjoy nature and foraging (and know what you’re doing, or willing to learn and study in your spare time)
- Preferably have a minimum of 3 years distilling experience
- Can create recipes on test-stills
- Have a driving license
- Have passion for your work, and consider it a lifestyle
- Have good QA/QC routines
- Are self-driven and tidy
- Can be relied on and work hard
- Can move to Egersund, Norway within reasonable time
- Have competitive salary
- Offer a varied job, available immediately
- Are in Norway (which is pretty nice)
- Are 30 employees
- Have been in business since 1895
- Want to make products we’re proud of
- Are an active and engaged team
- Like to do things properly without shortcuts, and expect you to as well
- Like lists, obviously
Our brewery/distillery is located in the cozy town of Egersund in the south-west of Norway. The town is not huge, and has countryside in every direction. What you can expect is beautiful nature everywhere you turn, the sea and harbor within immediate reach, and a safe and sound environment where you can leave your bike at work and expect to find it there the next day. Egersund also has the best Christmas Market in Norway, an Octoberfest that sells out 4000 tickets in 2 hours, and a lot of festivals and happenings within a 1 hour radius – especially during summer. So I’d say there’s quite a lot happening in the area for a little municipality of 15 000 happy people.
We would like to hear from all that are interested in applying, and we are open to the idea of a 1 year contract, with option to extend. Applicants searching for long term employment are also encouraged to apply.
Sounds pretty enticing? If you think so too, shoot me an email to email@example.com. Please include your resume (CV) and a cover letter. We’ll review all applicants thoroughly.
You might have seen a very similar ad from us not too many months ago, and you’d be right. Due to personal reasons our current distiller has to return to the UK.
Location: Egersund in the south-west of Norway
Company Name: Berentsens Brygghus