Dingle Distillery is an award-winning artisan distillery located along the Wild Atlantic Way in Ireland and we are currently looking for a permanent full time Head Distiller to join our team. This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic, forward thinking and innovative individual to oversee and manage the production line, quality control and production team.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the distillery’s production staff, must direct and delegate to ensure the product is meeting quality guidelines and protocol.
- Manage the day to day operations, overseeing every element of production including the sourcing of raw materials, malting, fermentation, distillation, maturation, blending and bottling.
- Responsible for the research and development of new products to market and the marriage of casks to create new whiskies.
- Manage our cask program
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of hygiene and food safety in compliance with HACCP regulations.
- Develop a stock management plan and manage accordingly.
- Ensure compliance by managing and maintaining all distillery records including process and quality logs, water records, revenue records, HACCP, etc…
- The company are committed to the learning and development of all employees and the Head Distiller will play an integral role in developing the production team, in accordance with company HR policies and procedures to include specific tasks such as milling, mashing, fermenting, distilling, record keeping, cleaning and effluent treatment.
- Observe and practice all procedures including wearing proper PPE, follow all site health and safety guidelines.
- Must be receptive to working in a team environment and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and be flexible in working arrangements if the need arises.
- Liaise with suppliers, stakeholders and relevant media for events/masterclasses.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years’ commercial experience in the craft of distillation and managing production, with a strong focus on whiskey distillation.
- Degree in distillation preferred or other related discipline
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Methodical, logical, organised and efficient, works on their own initiative with high level of attention to detail.
- Innovative and creative mind set.
- Good computer literacy and mathematical skills
CVs to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Type: Full Time
Company Name: Dingle Distillery