Assistant Operations Manager/Shift Manager
Established in 1895, the family owned firm of Gordon & MacPhail has a number of business interests. It is a retailer in Elgin, a wholesaler of wines and spirits in the UK, a bottler of Scotch whiskies, an exporter to over 60 international markets and a distiller, owning Benromach Distillery in Forres.
We have an exciting opportunity available for an Assistant Operations Manager/Shift Manager. This role will be responsible for managing all day to day aspects of process, production, assembly and distribution within the Operations Team.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in supply chain or manufacturing.
- Knowledge and experience of working in the Scotch Whisky Industry would be an advantage.
- Have previous experience in Food/Beverage production and/or Warehousing and distribution management environment.
- Hold an Institute of Brewing & Distilling Diploma or certificate in packaging would be an advantage.
- Be IOSH Managing Safely trained
- Possess food safety Level 3 or above and HACCP.
- Have strong people management skills to be able to manage a large team.
- Be an excellent communicator and creative motivator to deliver expected performance.
- Familiarity with manufacturing/bottling processes and HMRC regulations would be desirable.
Full Time, Permanent position (40 hours per week)
Please apply by visiting our website www.gordonandmacphail.com/gordon-macphail/careers
Closing date for applications is mid-day on Friday 23rd March 2018
Type: Full Time
Location: George House, Boroughbriggs Road, Elgin, Moray, Scotland IV30 1JY
Company Name: Gordon & MacPhail