Established in 2013, SEB is a growing brewing services business, bottling, canning and kegging beer for the growing craft brewing market. Based out of St Peters, Thanet our young, growing Company is now seeking a Brewing Technologist to bring technical brewing experience to the team to manage beer processing, quality and consistency through: in-take, beer-packaging preparation, cleaning and lab management.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this new technical role will be responsible for ensuring beer is in the best possible condition for processing and packaging to SEB’s high quality standards. The successful candidate will supervise as well as be hands-on in the Tank Farm undertake their own operational responsibilities, as well as people management and quality assurance.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an effective operator and decision-maker, processing beer ready for packaging. This covers beer in-take, conditioning, chilling, storage, filtration, carbonation and laboratory management;
- Understand, communicate, document and apply beer packaging best practice;
- Identify problems and proactively solve them with the input of the Operations Manager;
- Act as gate keeper for beer quality, determining whether beer is fit for packaging and determining internal go/no go decisions;
- Manage and lead a direct report effectively, ensuring adherence to quality;
- Complete and review process records accurately, with attention to detail, to SEB requirements;
- Zero tolerance approach to cleaning and housekeeping;
- Commit to a process of continuous improvement embracing changes and helping the Operations Manager to achieve process improvements in the organisation;
- Manage and deliver the annual maintenance schedule across the tank farm and keep under constant review along with Operations Manager;
- Actively contribute to annual review and training of SOP’s and QMS’s with Operations Manager;
- Act as an ambassador for SEB and effectively communicate with customers when required.
Skills - essential
- Brewing experience is essential.
- Ability to interpret, understand, document and apply processes and procedures.
- Attention to detail.
- Evaluating problems, finding and applying solutions.
- Can-do attitude, patient, adaptable and able to work effectively under pressure.
- Team player and effective communicator.
Skills - preferred
- Five years’ brewing and packaging line experience with experience of HACCP and SALSA.
Institute of Brewing and Distilling qualifications
- Able to deliver training to other members of the team.
- Designing and documenting processes and procedures.
- Willingness to be trained to use forklift, if not already trained.
Based in St Peters, Broadstairs, Kent with salary of £30,000 upwards for a 40 hour week, depending on experience. We will only able to respond to candidates we will interview. If you do not hear from us, we will unfortunately not be progressing with your application.
Please send CV's to email@example.com
Location: St Peters, Broadstairs, Kent
Company Name: SEB Brewing Services