By creating a website account with us you are consenting to receive communication from us on those subjects selected. We will not use your data for anything you haven’t agreed to. If your information changes we would ask that you let us know so that we can keep your data up to date. If you decide you no longer wish to receive any of the communications, you can log into your account at any time and deselect or opt out directly from an email.
Or to contact us about GDPR by email:firstname.lastname@example.org
1. All examination and revision course bookings must be made and paid for online; the exceptions to this are companies with whom we have existing invoicing agreements and those cases where candidates are unable to attend any of the exam centres shown on the online registration form. In these cases, registrations are not confirmed until we have received payment (or PO numbers in cases where we have agreed payment by invoice). If you are unsure if your company has an arrangement with us or there is no listed exam centre in your country please contact us for help via email@example.com
2. Upon successful completion of registration and payment candidates will be sent a confirmation email and a link to the learning materials. The syllabi and learning materials are included in the examination fee
3. Candidates are reminded that IBD Examinations are based on the contents of each syllabus, which can be accessed on the IBD Resource Zone
4. The centre you have been assigned is only provisional and may change. Final confirmation of your examination centre, including location details, examination times and further details relating to the examination will be forwarded at least 1 month prior to the examination
5. No refund of examination or revision course fees will be offered
6. Examination deferrals for non-medical reasons will only be accepted up until the application deadline and will incur a deferral fee of £75 per module (subject to VAT). Deferral of fees will be granted on medical grounds on receipt of a medical certificate or doctor’s note. Fees may only be deferred once and requests must be made in writing.
7. Revision courses cannot be deferred
8. Please ensure that your contact details are kept up to date. Changes to your personal details can be made by logging into MyIBD
9. Revision courses do not include exam fees or overnight accommodation
10. Candidates should note that the IBD examination regulations permit the IBD to request delegate names from IBD Accredited Tutors subject to requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018.
11. When you register for a revision course/examination with the IBD, we will process some or all of the following personal data so that we can provide our Training Courses/ Examinations to you:
- Name and contact details
- Payment details
- Date of birth
- Work experience
- Membership / candidate number
12. If you are applying for a revision course and or an examination on behalf of someone else, it is your duty to make them aware that you are providing their personal data to us. Our lawful basis for processing this data is that it is ‘necessary for the performance of a contract, or to take steps to enter into a contract’, as set out in the Data Protection Act 2018.
13. We use third party solutions for some of our processes:
- Your payment will be processed though a third party payment gateway, Worldpay.
- You may be auto-enrolled onto our Learning Management System (LMS) so that we can provide you with access to the learning resources you have paid for, which is hosted by E-learn design. You can find out more their data privacy at https://www.e-learndesign.co.uk/about/oss-and-ethics-policy/
- You may be enrolled onto our Online Assessment Portal, so that we can provide you with an online assessment, which is hosted by Questionmark. You can find out more their data privacy at https://www.questionmark.com/en-gb/privacy
- Your examination paper may be uploaded on an online marking system, so that we can provide the IBD Board of Examiners with an E Assessment Solution, which is hosted by Calibrand. You can find out more their data privacy at http://www.calibrand.com/terms.html
14. Some of your data may also be shared with the following third parties, depending on the revision course /examination you have signed up to:
- IBD Accredited Tutor;
- A third-party Exam Centre who is hosting the exam;
- IBD Board of Examiners
15. Successful completion of some examinations may lead to:
- Your name being published in our flagship journal
- Your name being shared with your regional IBD section so that they can present you with an award at a regional event
- Your name being given to a printer so that an award can be personalised
We will rely on the lawful basis of Legitimate Interest to do this, but please let us know if you would rather not have your name published or shared in this way
16. We will also use the lawful basis of Legitimate Interest to contact you about similar courses/exams in the future, but please let us know if you do not wish us to do this
18. For any queries relating to examination registration please contact:
Your name, job title and organisation may be shared with other delegates (including speakers) attending the same event for the purpose of pre and post event networking. If you do not want your details to be shared in this way please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation by us
We reserve the right to amend the programme, reschedule or cancel this event. This may arise from circumstances beyond our control such as minimum numbers not being achieved. In such instances, delegates will be notified and offered the option of a full refund and/or to transfer their booking to another event (i.e. not all events will be open for transfer) in the same year.
Cancellations by delegates
Delegates may cancel their place and receive a full refund (less a 10% administration fee) provided notification is received in writing to email@example.com at least one month prior to the event date.
We will not be liable for reimbursing delegate fees if delegates are not able to attend due to circumstances out of our reasonable control including, but not limited to, a change to personal circumstances, sickness, weather conditions, transport issues or any other Force Majeure or Act of God.
If a delegate(s) cannot attend the event, then a substitute can be set at no extra charge
We will refund credit/ debit card payments made in error within 10 working days of the error being notified in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
This will not affect your statutory rights