Spirit Sensory Analysis Course
Discover how to implement an effective sensory analysis programme that can improve your process and products.
The Spirit Sensory Analysis course gives you the tools and skills required to run a range of sensory tests. And the ability to use the test results to improve your process and your products.
This course reinfoces our continuing professional development pathway and it has been designed in collaboration with leading sensory scientists and distilling professionals.
It will transform distillers and quality professionals into sensory experts able to run an effective sensory panel.
The Spirit Sensory Analysis course will benefit experienced commercial distilleries from distilleries of all sizes as well as quality professionals.
The course features text, videos and animations, along with quizzes and games that give you the opportunity to check your understanding of each section and extend your learning.
Your learning is assessed as you go through the course and when finished, you will receive a Certificate of Completion as a record of continuing professional development.
You will have access to downloadable technical information including:
- Spirit flavour terminology systems and flavour wheels
- Flavour thresholds and descriptors for over 300 key spirit flavour compounds
- Flavour standard specifications
- Tasting forms for more than 10 sensory tests
- The statistical tables, equations and calculations that enable you to interpret your test results
Learning Time: Approximately 5 hours
90 days full access to unique interactive content from date of enrolment
Price: Just £99
With the Course You Will:
- Gain a detailed understanding of spirit flavour
- Learn the flavour thresholds of over 300 key spirit flavour compounds
- Understand the requirements of a sensory facility and how to achieve them without spending too much
- Discover the sources of bias and error in sensory assessment
- Learn how to select and train an elite sensory panel
- Discover how to prepare and present spirit samples
- Become proficient in running sensory tests
- Learn how to process the data and interpret the results from sensory tests
- Be able to select the sensory test that will give you the information you need to make the best spirits possible
- Learn at your own pace, when and where it is most convenient for you
- Have access to the course material for 90 days from the date of enrolment
- Learn with a rich blend of engaging text, illustrations and videos
- Download PDF with the tools you need to implement an effective sensory programme in your brewery
- Check your understanding at the end of each lesson
- Receive a Certificate of Completion from the most recognised brewing learning provider in the world
Who is this Course For?
- Commercial distillers wanting to ensure that the sensory analysis in their distilleries can deliver the results they need
- Spirit quality professionals tasked with undertaking effective sensory analysis
- Anyone with a serious interest in spirit sensory assessment
Why Choose the IBD?
The IBD provides the most widely recognised professional beverage qualifications in the world.
The IBD was established in 1886 as The Laboratory Club and since then has built a trusted reputation due to the quality of its learning material, support for learners and rigor of its exams.
Since we began professional qualifications in the 1950s, we have qualified over 100,000 brewers and distillers across the globe.