Save the Earth. It's the Only Planet with Beer
THURSDAY, 25th November 2021 - 10:00 GMT – 16:30 BS GMT
By the Midland and Southern Sections
Thursday, 25th November - 10:00 GMT to 16:30 GMT
The Midland and Southern Sections of the Institute of Brewing and Distilling supported by SIBA are delighted to invite you to an Environmental Workshop at Nottingham University.
This event follows COP26 and it is an opportunity for Brewing Material suppliers, Brewers, Packagers & Supply Chain to share their vision for sustainable brewing.
The session is organised around 4 panels to discuss particular environmental problems and cover the complete supply chain from “grain to glass”, with a keynote speaker to sum up the findings.
- Panel 1: Net Zero Beer
- Panel 2: Brewing Materials
- Panel 3: Brewing
- Panel 4: Supply Chain
The event has been designed to create a collaborative setting and it will require active contributions from the audience. We want to hear your ideas to share best practices and explore industry opportunities to reduce our carbon footprint.
The meeting will run from 10.00 am to 4.30 pm with tea, beer, and lunch breaks, with 4 panels discussing particular problems to cover the complete supply chain from “grain to glass” with active contribution from the audience.
Everyone is welcome and we look forward to seeing you there and hearing your ideas.
Why you should attend?
- Share with others the latest thinking in the brewing industry in the UK to reduce the environmental impact of our industry on the planet
- Explore and conclude a sound objective basis to calculate our Carbon Footprint
- Glimpse into the future so we can appreciate how a strong carbon footprint forms the basis of our environmental journey to continuous improvement
- Welcome - Rod White - Assistant Professor - Nottingham University
- Panel 1 (Net Zero Beer) - James Calder - CEO - SIBA
- Panel 2 (Brewing Materials) - Dr Julian South - CEO - Maltsters Association
- Panel 3 (Brewing) - Steve Wilkinson - FIBD
- Panel 4 (Supply Chain) - Ash Parr - Midland Section Representative
- Summary - Simon Heppner - Founder - Net Zero Now
The event will be run under COVID 19 restrictions and masks will be requested when not eating or sitting down. Normal social distancing rules apply.
This is a not-for-profit event and a small sum of £30.00 per head is required to cover the cost of refreshment. The event is limited to the first 40 delegates with a closing date of 22nd November.