Farm tour & Microbrewery Visit
Spilsbury & Jones Hop Walk & Micro Brewery Visit
FRIDAY, 10th Sep 2021 - 15:00 – 17:30 BST
By the Midland Section
FRIDAY, 10th September, 15:00 – 17:30 BST
The IBD Midland Section is delighted to invite its members to attend the first face to face event post Covid restrictions.
This Section has organised an escorted tour at Spilsbury Farm Hop Yards, which involves hop stripping plant, and hop kiln. This will be followed by the viewing of the Spilsbury & Jones Microbrewery.
This is an educational and social gathering to promote section member networking.
Guests will have an escorted tour of the hop yards with a commentary from the grower Tom Spilsbury. Chris Daws from English Hops will provide a view on the future of the hop market.
Master Brewer Tony Jones will provide a tour of the microbrewery and talk about the brands.
Afterwards, there will be a light buffet and some beers to sample during an informal Q & A.
Why you should attend:
- Tour the 2021 hops in the yards with commentary on the crop from the grower, and a market view from English hops
- See whole hop processing and drying
- Discover Spilsbury & Jones Microbrewery with a viewing of the premises and commentary on the brands
- Tom Spilsbury - Farm owner & Hop Champion
- Tony Jones - Master Brewer - Spilsbury & Jones
- Chris Daws - Chairman and Sales Director - English Hops
Spilsbury & Jones Brewing Company
Orleton Court Farm, Stanford Bridge,
Worcestershire WR6 65U
Local transport not available
Please be prepared for the walk by wearing outdoor footwear and clothing for the hop yard walk.
Just 30 places available for Midland Section members and they will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please confirm your attendance by sending an e-mail pre-registration to Zane Barnes, IBD Midland Section Secretary.
Deadline to register: Thursday, Sep 9th