IBD Masterclass Speaker
Jan Paul - Head Brewmaster, Svaneke Bryghus
- Brewing Engineer/Weihenstephan
- Since 2005 Brewmaster at Svaneke Bryghus, Denmark
- Since 2006 Lecturer at the Scandinavian School of Brewing/University of Copenhagen
- 20016-2017 Adjunct Faculty at Sterling College, USA
- Lecturing and consultancy in Iceland, Norway, Indonesia, Moldova, Georgia and Armenia
- Talks, tastings and collabs all over Europe
Known for its beautiful landscapes, sunny weather and local delicacies and food producers, the small, rocky island of Bornholm is also the home of one of Denmark’s first microbreweries.
Founded by a local beer enthusiast in 2000, Svaneke brewery and restaurant has developed into a successful local enterprise. But the original respect for and connection to the craft are still intact. “At large breweries, you often have many miles between management and production; at Svaneke, it is 12.3 metres,” says CEO Daniel Barslund.
In the experienced hands of brewmaster Jan Paul, Svaneke Bryghus produces around two million litres of beer a year, including a number of non-alcoholic brews and organic beers.