SE QLD Regional Meeting - Brewery Tour
Understanding Hop Quality
TUESDAY, 30th August 2022 - 17:00 to 21:00 AEST
By the APAC Section
TUESDAY, 30th August 2022
17:00 to 21:00 AEST
14 Traders Way Currumbin Waters
Join your fellow SE QLD region Brewers and Distillers for the latest on Hop Quality and the 2022 harvest plus a tour of the Balter Brewery.
Simeon Bonetti from Hop Products Australia's Queensland sales team will take a close look at Hop Quality and its impact on your beer including:
- Year on year agronomic variation
- Hop analysis and the markers aroma and flavour impact
- New hop varieties and hop products for advanced outcomes
Simeon has more than 10 years’ experience in the craft beer industry. During his time as Head Brewer at Newstead Brewing Co. and Head Brewer at Brisbane Brewing Co. He developed a keen interest in agriculture that has led to an in-depth understanding of hops and hop products.
Prior to Simeon's talk, Balter's Head Brewer Scotty Hargrave will take us for a tour of the Balter Brewery with a Q&A session.
Scotty has been Head Brewer at Balter for 7 years now and has a wealth of knowledge in the industry. He has previously held positions of Head Brewer at Byron Bay Brewing and Stone and Wood.
Why you should attend:
- Gain exclusive access to see Balter Brewery up close
- Listen to an informative technical talk on hop trends and varieties
- Gather insight through a Q&A session with an industry expert
- Network with other local Brewers and Distillers in the industry
Tickets: IBD Members - $10
Non-members - $20
Maximum number of places: 60
Doors open at 17:00 with the brewery tour from 17:30 and presentation at 18:30.
Light dinner and drinks are provided with a cash bar open from 20:30.
Please wear enclosed footwear for the tour
Thanks to Balter and Hop Products Australia for their support for this event.