Time Flies When You’re Having Rum
THURSDAY, 25th November 2021 - 16:00 – 17:00 GMT
By the Irish Section
THURSDAY, 25th November, 16:00 – 17:00 GMT
Join this webinar to discover how to establish a distillery to produce rum at craft scale
Having followed the IBD Irish Section to the US, the UK, and most recently to Turkey on our Travel the World theme, we’re inviting you back to the UK to join us for our upcoming lecture on rum.
If you are planning to open your own distillery, this is an unmissable session. Listen to Vince Noyce, Founder and Director of the Portsmouth Distillery Co, and Jean Murray, Technical Support and Sales Manager at Lallemand and one of the IBD's first female Master Distillers.
Vince Noyce will explain how to establish a rum distillery and the importance of location, brand, equipment selection and the distillation process he uses to succeed in a competitive market. Vince will share with you his technique and the reasons why he distils the way he does, finishing in maturation.
Jean Murray, one of our most recent Master Distillers and one of the first women to achieve this prestigious qualification, will focus on increasing consumers' interest in authenticity. Her presentation will explain the vital importance of the quality of spirit drinks, especially in a growing craft and premium products market, with a special focus on rum.
Why you should attend?
- Deepen your knowledge on rum fermentation, raw materials, nutrients, and flavour development
- Learn about distillation models and how to source high quality materials
- Gain a better understanding about setting up a successful rum distillery
- Vince Noyce - Founder and Director- Portsmouth Distillery Co.
- Jean Murray - Technical Support and Sales Manager - Lallemand