Panel and Interactive Discussion
Supporting Women for Success
THURSDAY, 24th June 2021 - 16:00 – 17:00 BST
By the Scottish Section
THURSDAY, 24th June, 16:00 – 17:00 BST
More women are brewing and distilling than ever before, yet there are still far fewer women in technical roles, and gender discrimination still makes the headlines.
So, what does it take to be a successful female brewer or distiller in a traditionally male-dominated industry?
We have put together a panel of five talented women to share their first-hand experiences, discuss what the industry can do to support women in their careers, and attract more women into the sector.
The session is open to all professionals, female and male brewers and distillers who would like to share their views on this interesting topic.
Why you should attend:
- Hear first-hand experiences from successful women in the industry
- Learn how to support women to thrive in your business
- Opportunity to contribute to the discussion on gender equality in brewing and distilling
- Tracy Adie - Content Program Manager - IBD
- Frances Jack - Senior Scientist - The Scotch Whisky Research Institute
- Jane Millar - Technical Development and R&D Manager - William Grant & Sons Distillers
- Becky Paskin - Spirits Writer, Broadcaster & Consultant - Co-Founder, OurWhisky
- Sandra Stelman - Head of Science, Brand Technical Innovation - Diageo, Ireland
The session will be chaired by Shona Harrison - Analytical Services & Laboratory Manager - The Scotch Whisky Research Institute
- Panel discussion
- Interactive question and answer session